Counties formation

  • Jerry Triplett
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2013
      http://www.tngenweb.org/maps/county-ani/tn-maps/tn-cf.html

      One of the previous posts mentioned the evolution of counties in TN. It is a little hard to explore early Jackson county history without exploring TN history. The web site listed above lists and illustrates in detail the creation of the counties in TN. It is fun to review and helped me to understand that some of my ancestors lived in the same spot but changed counties 2 or 3 times.

      I would assume there is similar info available for AL but I have not looked.

    • Pat Foster
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 2013
        This changing of lines for counties also seems to apply to the state lines
        between North Carolina and Tennessee. ?

        Pat Foster

        In OK

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 21, 2013
          This is great, the map changes video. Thanks so much.

          Waynette Davis