CIVIL WAR IMPACT ON OUR JACKSON COUNTY ANCESTORS

  • Ann
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24 4:25 PM
      The Scottsboro Depot Museum is in need of two Civil War uniforms
      (reproductions) to be worn by members portraying Union soldiers who
      spent 4 months encamped in Scottsboro (Dec. 26, 1863 - May 1, 1864) for
      our April 28 program meeting.
      We will be presenting the premier of a historical drama (written by
      yours truly) that includes both Union soldiers and local Jackson County
      men and women. I realize this request is not purely genealogy related,
      but our intent is to tell both family and area histories and how these
      events affected the lives of our ancestors.
      QUESTION: Have any of you purchased reproductions of Civil War uniforms?
      ALSO, does anyone have a Civil War artifact they would be willing to
      donate or loan the Scottsboro Depot Museum to be displayed on April 28,
      2013?
      Ann B. Chambless

    • Joy Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 25 3:31 AM
        There is a store/museum just outside of Bell Buckle, Tn that sells period costumes & accessories. I have attached their website. Last time I was there, they had both Union and Confed uniforms, accessories, and ladies period clothing.
        Bell Buckle is most easily reached by going West on I-24 toward N'ville. You would take the Beechgrove Rd exit; bottom of exit go left. Travel about 1 - 2 miles, look for sign to right for Bell Buckle and the Webb School. This road leads straight into BB; you go thru the Webb school zone. Bell Buckle is on the right, the US Post Office is on the left. I believe you stay on this road straight across the RR tracks, and the Blockade Runner will be on the right outside of town.
        *Not absolutely certain on the direction past BB, but believe this is correct.

        http://blockaderunner.com/

        Joy