Re: [jacksongenealogy] death records Amelia (Amealia) JORDAN RUTLEDGE

  • blackcloud27030
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2013
      Diann

      Death Records were not required in AL until 1908 and even then some doctors did not file them.

      I search through the MegaCemAll file at jacksongenealogy and at findagrave.com and could not find a listing for Amelia or George. I did find the death record for George W. Rutledge b. 1852 d. 11 Jun 1915 other than Beat 3, Jackson Co it gave no cem. name.

      Many people were buried in unmarked graves or in graves on their farms and have been lost.

      Clay