death records Amelia (Amealia) JORDAN RUTLEDGE

  • Diann Thompson
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2013
       Good afternoon,
      I am researching information on Amelia JORDAN RUTLEDGE.  She was born in September 1857 and married 1876. The 1880 and 1900 census shows her living in Stevenson AL. But her husband George RUTLEDGE is shown as widowed in the 1910 census. She was the sister of my GGF James Riley JORDAN. All appears to have been living in Stevenson. I don't know how to find out when she died or if there was a death record. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
      Thank you for your assistance.
      Diann
      diann12954@...

    • blackcloud27030
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 21, 2013
        Diann

        Death Records were not required in AL until 1908 and even then some doctors did not file them.

        I search through the MegaCemAll file at jacksongenealogy and at findagrave.com and could not find a listing for Amelia or George. I did find the death record for George W. Rutledge b. 1852 d. 11 Jun 1915 other than Beat 3, Jackson Co it gave no cem. name.

        Many people were buried in unmarked graves or in graves on their farms and have been lost.

        Clay

        I am researching information on Amelia JORDAN RUTLEDGE.  She was born in September 1857 and married 1876. The 1880 and 1900 census shows her living in Stevenson AL. But her husband George RUTLEDGE is shown as widowed in the 1910 census. She was the sister of my GGF James Riley JORDAN. All appears to have been living in Stevenson. I don't know how to find out when she died or if there was a death record. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
        Thank you for your assistance.
        Diann
        mailto:diann12954%40yahoo.com