Jackson county, Alabama SIMMONS Surname Genealogy

  • Loretta Simmons
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2013
      I am hopeful that this posting will reach someone that has, or is currently researching
      their SIMMONS Family line from Jackson County, and perhaps that extended into
      surrounding counties as far as Lawrence County. i have discovered two SIMMONS
      Surnames in my SIMMONS line that i cannot connect to my line, those two names
      were discovered with Great Great Uncles & Aunts on a Land Deed from 1866.
      The Uncles and Aunts at that period (1866) would have all been minors under the age
      of 18, however were Named on a Land Deed with those mysterious & unknown SIMMONS
      Names in which were, JAMES C.A. SIMMONS, and EMELY L. SIMMONS.
      It is also not known if these two were Husband & Wife, Brother & Sister, or just how they
      were connected to one another.
      Any help at all with information regarding these two individuals will be greatly appreciated
      as i have never been able to even find them listed on a Census report, i went back to
      the Federal Census for 1860, the Special Census for 1866, and then to 1870, all to no
      avail in finding them listed, i did find an Emily listed as an earlier Land Owner in Jackson
      County, however it did not give an initial for Her, and Her First Name was spelled different
      from the EMELY L. SIMMONS in question , though She too was listed as a SIMMONS.
      Thanks to all, and thanks for this website.
      LORETTA SIMMONS