Bryants

  • Charles McCutchen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2013
      Anyone researching the Bryants?     There are 2 lines that came into Jackson County.  There was a Rev. vet William with a son Hartwell.  William filed for pension in Davidson County, Tn in 1818 and  died in 1839 probably in Jackson County.   His widow is a pensioner on the 1840 Jackson County Census.  There was also a Rev. John who had a son named William and his son Elisha b about 1815 in Tennessee would be where I connect.  We believe Elisha died in between 1860-70.  John died after 1840.   John line is a branch of the "Rock Island Creek" Bryants (see link)

      https://sites.google.com/site/bryantsofrockislandcreek/john-bryant-sr-b-bef-1732-d-1798-9
      Charlie McCutchen

    • Chas Houlihan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 16, 2013
        Kathy
        About a year ago I got on the Jackson CO, Al research group. I received some info on the Bryant family's in that area. I don't know if any of it is connected to our family, but it is a interesting read. There are 2 lines of Bryants, be sure to click the link for the 2nd family, a lot of records and facts. I am forwarding it to you. A lot of information about the 1800,s and about that area. Hope you are well.
        Love Dad

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 18, 2013
          Charles,

          You've probably already thought of it:

          'We believe Elisha died in between 1860-70.'

          This would be the Civil War timeframe.

          Have you checked those records.

          Although, I have a great grandfather missing during that timeframe, he can't
          be found in Civil War records...

          Pat Foster

          In Okla