Re: Pictures from Inez Jenkins Murphy

  • tigerbite37397
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 5, 2013
      I would be willing to pay for postage/ costs for copies of picures or letters from Ms Inez. Please contact me for more info. Misty Fulfer (423)260-9509

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "glonet1" wrote:

      > Annette,
      > I would be very interested in the Pegues letters. Would you mind emailing me at glonet1@... re which Pegues and more info?
      >
      > Gloria Nettles
      >
      > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Annette Norris Bradford wrote:
      > >
      > > On 4/15/2012 9:44 PM, clyde broadway wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Kirby cemetary is on Backbone Ridge behind Westchester Apts. This
      > > > cemetary has under 20 tombstones, one of which is that of Clinton
      > > > Kirby, a veteran of the War of 1812, and is very much endangered, as
      > > > the fence has been removed and many stones are knocked over or knocked
      > > > down. You nearly have to be a billygoat to get to this cemetary now,
      > > > because work in the adjacent chert pit has left it isolated.
      > > >
      > > > Clyde Broadway
      > > >
      > > > --- On Sun, 4/15/12, David Bradford
      > > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > From: David Bradford >
      > > > Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Pictures from Inez Jenkins Murphy
      > > > To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      > > >
      > > > Date: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 3:56 PM

      > > > Jenkins Murphy, daughter of Willie Porter Jenkins and Lucy Young. We
      > > > contacted this descendent recently and have gave us six boxes of
      > > > Inez's papers that includes extensive information about the Kirby,
      > > > Jenkins, and Pegues family, among others. I have wonderful early
      > > > letter (1832) from the Pegues family, a letter postedmarked in
      > > > Bellefonte post office, and wonderful paint-enhanced photos (I think)
      > > > of Eliza Brown Parks and Richard "Lawyer Dick" Kirby. Richard is the
      > > > infamous Kirby who had an additional set of children by his
      > > > niece-in-law, Arabelle Boyd Kirby, and was subsquently called before
      > > > court on public indecency charges.
      > > >
      > > > If any of you are interested in these pictures or the Pegues letters
      > > > or the Bellefonte postmark, please contact me. I will post other
      > > > things from this wonderful stash of genealogy information as I process
      > > > them.
      > > >
      > > > Annette Bradford

      > > Yes, Clyde. I have long been concerned about this cemetery. It is very
      > > hard to get to and very overgrown. Last time I looked, which was last
      > > month, I could not find it at all. I know that David's grandmother went
      > > through the process to have the DAR mark Clinton Kirby's grave because
      > > he was a Revolutionary War veteran. This cemetery was just barely
      > > holding on. I hope I had forgotten where I found it earlier, and was
      > > just looking in the wrong place. I believe Richard Kirby is buried up
      > > there also. If I read the land patent maps right, this was originally
      > > land Richard Kirby's land by patent, but I do not know the history of
      > > the land or who owns it now.
      > >
      > > Annette

    • David Bradford
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 6, 2013
        Misty, just tried calling you. I am willing to mail you a CD. Please call me at the phone number captured by your phone and I will mail you what I have scanned and tell you about the other materials available.

        Annette Bradford