James "Big Sequatchie" Wolfe

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2012
      I have a tree on Ancestry where I try to locate and validate (to my satisfaction)individuals living in Jackson County that probably have Cherokee ancestry. Recently a young man from OK contacted me assuming that I was related to the individuals in the Tree, which I am not.

      In any event, he was looking for people related to Big Sequatchie Wolfe of Marion, Jackson, Franklin or Sequatchie (originally Roane)counties.

      Anyone one out there know anything about a Cherokee family named Wolfe in this area about 1800?

      In limited looking, I havn't been able to find anything.

      Thanks.