Re: [jacksongenealogy] Lula Pelham

  • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 15, 2012
      1930 Dist 5 Stevenson Jackson Co. AL
      Will McCallister  Head 30 TN TN TN Farmer
      Lula Wife 24 AL AL AL
      Willie J. Dau 10 AL
      Mary E. Dau 8 AL
      Nannie E. Dau 7 AL
      Lizzie M. Dau 5 AL
      Walter F. Son 2yrs 6 Mo. AL
      Will Son 2 Mo. AL

      Will and Lula are also on the 1920 with no children.

      Clay

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 15, 2012
        Lula died mid to late 1930s. Will has remarried on the 1940 Census. Lists Bessie Wife age 43. Still living Stevenson. In addition to the other children lists  Dau Maude age 7, Dau Dorothy age 5 and Son James age 3.

        Will died May 1970 he is on the SSDI.

        This may be Lula: Lula J. (or Jones) McCosten
        died 11 Jun 1937
        Steveson, Jackson Co. AL
        Age 38
        Mothers Name: Ketty Pellom
        Spouse: Bill McCosten

        That death matches with the birth of the last child on the 1940 Census.

        Clay

        ________________________________
        I am trying to locate information on Lula pelham born in Feb 22,1905
        she was married to a McCallister. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

      • Kristy Farr
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 18, 2012
          yes this is the Lula I am looking for? i need to find some info on her such
          as a death record or obit

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 18, 2012
            Kristy

            Lula is listed in the AL Death records as:

            Lula J. McCloster
            d. 11 Jun 1937
            Age. 38
            Stevenson, Jackson Co. AL
            Mother: Ketty Pellom
            Spouse: Bill McCloster
            Vol: 34
            Death Cert. 16555
            Roll: 3

            Familysearch.org lists her as Lula Jones MCClosten.

            One of her children's death (James Edward d. 1941) at familysearch lists her as Loula Jane Pelloham.

            Clay

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 18, 2012
              thank you so much...do you know how i could get a copy?

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 18, 2012
                You can order it from the AL Dept of Public Health for $15.00. Go to their website for a form to fill out.

                You can also order it through VitalCheck for an additional fee.

                Clay