Re: [jacksongenealogy] Lula Pelham

  • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 15, 2012
      Kristy

      Lula is listed as Lula Pellam age 5 on the 1910 Census living with Ellis C. and Agnes Burgess in Stevenson. She is listed as an Orphan listed with her is Hubert Pellam age 4 Orphan.

      Clay

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 15, 2012
        1930 Dist 5 Stevenson Jackson Co. AL
        Will McCallister  Head 30 TN TN TN Farmer
        Lula Wife 24 AL AL AL
        Willie J. Dau 10 AL
        Mary E. Dau 8 AL
        Nannie E. Dau 7 AL
        Lizzie M. Dau 5 AL
        Walter F. Son 2yrs 6 Mo. AL
        Will Son 2 Mo. AL

        Will and Lula are also on the 1920 with no children.

        Clay

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 15, 2012
          Lula died mid to late 1930s. Will has remarried on the 1940 Census. Lists Bessie Wife age 43. Still living Stevenson. In addition to the other children lists  Dau Maude age 7, Dau Dorothy age 5 and Son James age 3.

          Will died May 1970 he is on the SSDI.

          This may be Lula: Lula J. (or Jones) McCosten
          died 11 Jun 1937
          Steveson, Jackson Co. AL
          Age 38
          Mothers Name: Ketty Pellom
          Spouse: Bill McCosten

          That death matches with the birth of the last child on the 1940 Census.

          Clay

          ________________________________
          I am trying to locate information on Lula pelham born in Feb 22,1905
          she was married to a McCallister. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

        • Kristy Farr
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 18, 2012
            yes this is the Lula I am looking for? i need to find some info on her such
            as a death record or obit

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 18, 2012
              Kristy

              Lula is listed in the AL Death records as:

              Lula J. McCloster
              d. 11 Jun 1937
              Age. 38
              Stevenson, Jackson Co. AL
              Mother: Ketty Pellom
              Spouse: Bill McCloster
              Vol: 34
              Death Cert. 16555
              Roll: 3

              Familysearch.org lists her as Lula Jones MCClosten.

              One of her children's death (James Edward d. 1941) at familysearch lists her as Loula Jane Pelloham.

              Clay

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 18, 2012
                thank you so much...do you know how i could get a copy?

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 18, 2012
                  You can order it from the AL Dept of Public Health for $15.00. Go to their website for a form to fill out.

                  You can also order it through VitalCheck for an additional fee.

                  Clay