Lula Pelham

  • First
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 15, 2012
      I am trying to locate information on Lula pelham born in Feb 22,1905
      she was married to a McCallister. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 15, 2012
        Kristy

        Lula is listed as Lula Pellam age 5 on the 1910 Census living with Ellis C. and Agnes Burgess in Stevenson. She is listed as an Orphan listed with her is Hubert Pellam age 4 Orphan.

        Clay

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 15, 2012
          1930 Dist 5 Stevenson Jackson Co. AL
          Will McCallister  Head 30 TN TN TN Farmer
          Lula Wife 24 AL AL AL
          Willie J. Dau 10 AL
          Mary E. Dau 8 AL
          Nannie E. Dau 7 AL
          Lizzie M. Dau 5 AL
          Walter F. Son 2yrs 6 Mo. AL
          Will Son 2 Mo. AL

          Will and Lula are also on the 1920 with no children.

          Clay

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 15, 2012
            Lula died mid to late 1930s. Will has remarried on the 1940 Census. Lists Bessie Wife age 43. Still living Stevenson. In addition to the other children lists  Dau Maude age 7, Dau Dorothy age 5 and Son James age 3.

            Will died May 1970 he is on the SSDI.

            This may be Lula: Lula J. (or Jones) McCosten
            died 11 Jun 1937
            Steveson, Jackson Co. AL
            Age 38
            Mothers Name: Ketty Pellom
            Spouse: Bill McCosten

            That death matches with the birth of the last child on the 1940 Census.

            Clay

            ________________________________
            I am trying to locate information on Lula pelham born in Feb 22,1905
            she was married to a McCallister. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

          • Kristy Farr
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 18, 2012
              yes this is the Lula I am looking for? i need to find some info on her such
              as a death record or obit

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 18, 2012
                Kristy

                Lula is listed in the AL Death records as:

                Lula J. McCloster
                d. 11 Jun 1937
                Age. 38
                Stevenson, Jackson Co. AL
                Mother: Ketty Pellom
                Spouse: Bill McCloster
                Vol: 34
                Death Cert. 16555
                Roll: 3

                Familysearch.org lists her as Lula Jones MCClosten.

                One of her children's death (James Edward d. 1941) at familysearch lists her as Loula Jane Pelloham.

                Clay

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 18, 2012
                  thank you so much...do you know how i could get a copy?

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 18, 2012
                    You can order it from the AL Dept of Public Health for $15.00. Go to their website for a form to fill out.

                    You can also order it through VitalCheck for an additional fee.

                    Clay