Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Mary Clementine (Robertson) Womack Gullatt Tubbs - Family Info

  • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2012
      David

      I found this in Chatham Co Ga long ago but could not tie them to William Robertson and his sister Mary Clementine Robertson in Jackson Co. AL.

      Wm. W. J. Robertson on the 1860 White Bluff, Chatham Co. GA is living in the Bethesda Ophans School, jus above him is listed John L. Robertson age 13 GA (they originally had 17 and changed it to 13) since they are listed together likely are brothers.

      William Robertson age 18 is listed on the 1870 Chatham Co. Census with a Rebecca Robertson age 56. They apparently are living in a boarding house.

      1850 Dist 13 Chatham Co. GA
      George L. Robertson 41 GA
      Rebecca S. 37
      Susan L. 9
      Herbert 13
      George W. 7
      John L. 3

      Don't know if this is the same family but Rebecca matches with the 1870 Census and John L. matches with the 1860 Census. Never found any of the others on the 1860/1870 Census.

      John L. Robertson of Chatham Co. GA was a PVT in Co. F.  GA1St Inf.(Olmsteads) he only had two cards at Fold3 last one was for clothing issue receipt on 30 Apr 1864 no place given.

      The only way to be sure would be to find the records of the Bethesda Orphans School where William was at or the Orphanage where Mary was at.

      Clay Gullatt