Another Bryant

  • Christopher Villarreal
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2012
      I too have a Bryant in my family, but I am at a complete loss as to her history.  I have a Susan Jane Bryant, who married my ggggrand-father, Andrew Jackson White, sometime around 1866.  She is buried in Harmony Cemetery.  Unfortunately, the headstone there, which was added much later, appears to have the wrong birthyear for her.

      Best that I can figure, Susan Jane (Bryant) White was born February 1849 in Georgia (1900 Census).  Her parents were born in South Carolina (although the 1920 Census says her mother was born in Georgia).  She married Andrew Jackson White around late 1865 or 1866 as their first child was born in 1866 in Alabama.  She died around 1925.

      Any Bryant researchers come across this name?  Of course, she might not be a Bryant at all, and I got bad information.

      Thanks!

      Chris