RE: [jacksongenealogy] Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church correction

  • David Larsen
    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 19, 2012
      Thanks, Clay, for pointing out that the Paint Rock church is a different church, though I think it was associated with the Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Association.

      I notice that some minutes of the Mud Creek Association of Primitive Baptists going back to 1876 are available on the Internet Archive:

      http://archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22Mud%20Creek%20Primitive%20Baptist%20Association%22

      These aren’t the same as the minutes of Old Baptist church, but you might find some names of interest listed there.

      Best,

      David

      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 19, 2012
        Thank you, Clay.
        Barbara

        At 01:19 PM 7/19/2012, you wrote:

        >No the church David is talking about is in the Paint Rock Valley.

        >Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church is near Bellafonte. Before TVA
        >damned the TN River there was a creek near Bellefonte named Mud Creek. I
        >have a copy of the contract between the county and my Ggrandfather James
        >M. Gullatt to build a bridge across Mud Creek.  Mud Creek Primitive
        >Baptist is the same as Old Baptist in the cemetery listings.

        >I know of no published source of Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church
        >minutes.Â

        >Clay
        >

        >________________________________
        >From: James and Barbara Dooley

      • SHEILA MCCLOUD
        Message 3 of 26 , Jul 21, 2012
          I have some of the minutes of that association.  I hope to publish them when time permits.  My gg grandfather was the clerk and some of his family were the the traveling preachers.  He was Richard Seay.

          >No the church David is talking about is in the Paint Rock Valley.

          >Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church is near Bellafonte. Before TVA
          >damned the TN River there was a creek near Bellefonte named Mud Creek. I
          >have a copy of the contract between the county and my Ggrandfather James
          >M. Gullatt to build a bridge across Mud Creek.  Mud Creek Primitive
          >Baptist is the same as Old Baptist in the cemetery listings.

          >I know of no published source of Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church
          >minutes.Â

          >Clay
          >

          >________________________________
          >From: James and Barbara Dooley

        • James and Barbara Dooley
          Message 4 of 26 , Jul 21, 2012
            I'll look forward to your publication. I'm interested to know if the
            Richard Wilson who was active in the Mud Creek association might have been
            my gt.gt.grandfather, who had been active as a Baptist preacher in McMinn
            Co., TN. Some of my Wilson ancestors, including my father, his siblings,
            his father, his grandmother, and his grandaunt later lived in Jackson Co.,
            so there was definitely a family connection in the area.

            Barbara Dooley

            At 10:27 AM 7/21/2012, you wrote:

            >I have some of the minutes of that association. I hope to publish them
            >when time permits. My gg grandfather was the clerk and some of his
            >family were the the traveling preachers. He was Richard Seay.
            >
            >--- On Thu, 7/19/12, James and Barbara Dooley
            ><<mailto:jb.dooley100%40gmail.com>jb.dooley100@...> wrote:
            >
            >From: James and Barbara Dooley
            ><<mailto:jb.dooley100%40gmail.com>jb.dooley100@...>
            >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church
            ><mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
            >Date: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 6:03 PM
            >

            >Thank you, Clay.
            >Barbara

          • Larry Williams
            Message 5 of 26 , Jul 21, 2012
              a lot of people from Meigs & McMinn Counties settled in Jackson County for
              some reaseon.

              On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 4:11 PM, James and Barbara Dooley <
              jb.dooley100@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > I'll look forward to your publication. I'm interested to know if the
              > Richard Wilson who was active in the Mud Creek association might have been
              > my gt.gt.grandfather, who had been active as a Baptist preacher in McMinn
              > Co., TN. Some of my Wilson ancestors, including my father, his siblings,
              > his father, his grandmother, and his grandaunt later lived in Jackson Co.,
              > so there was definitely a family connection in the area.
              >
              > Barbara Dooley
              >
              > At 10:27 AM 7/21/2012, you wrote:
              > >

              > >I have some of the minutes of that association.� I hope to publish them
              > >when time permits.� My gg grandfather was the clerk and some of his
              > >family were the the traveling preachers.� He was Richard Seay.
              > >
              > >--- On Thu, 7/19/12, James and Barbara Dooley
              > ><<mailto:jb.dooley100%40gmail.com>jb.dooley100@...> wrote:
              > >
              > >From: James and Barbara Dooley
              > ><<mailto:jb.dooley100%40gmail.com>jb.dooley100@...>
              > >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church
              > ><mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
              > jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
              > >Date: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 6:03 PM
              > >
              > >�
              > >
              > >Thank you, Clay.
              > >Barbara
              > >
              > >At 01:19 PM 7/19/2012, you wrote:

              Larry G. Williams
              Co-Director, Agrimissions
              43 Crisp Lane
              Trenton, GA 30752
              (423) 240-2089 Cell/Business
              agrimissions.williams@...
              lgwilliams1947@...
              http://agrimissions.com
              http://themissionsociety.org

            • James and Barbara Dooley
              Message 6 of 26 , Jul 21, 2012
                Thanks, Larry. I had wondered if that might not be the case. Do you
                happen to have surnames of McMinn Co. people?

                Barbara