Re: HISTORY OF JACKSON COUNTY, a thanks, and hicks on the coon

  • deb allen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2012
      many thanks for the link to these interesting letters as they reference many families familiar to me as a result of family research in jackson co, al.  my research of my maternal gm's sentell line far exceeds that of my maternal gf's hicks family.  i believe the hicks family came across the mountain from tn and settled in the area of big/little coon sometime in the 1830s.  william hicks appears in the jackson co 1840 census and gives birth info of b. 1790, ky.  his wife, rutha, reportedly was b. in 1796, tn.  their children also were listed as being b in ky, tho in later census records the birthplace is sometimes given as tn.  i would like to communicate with anyone who is currently researching early families that lived in the head of the cove.  also, i would appreciate order info on kennamer's book; an address would be helpful and do i need to send a check or can i send a visa number?  thanks in advance.