Re: [jacksongenealogy] Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church

  • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 19, 2012
      No the church David is talking about is in the Paint Rock Valley.

      Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church is near Bellafonte. Before TVA damned the TN River there was a creek near Bellefonte named Mud Creek. I have a copy of the contract between the county and my Ggrandfather James M. Gullatt to build a bridge across Mud Creek.  Mud Creek Primitive Baptist is the same as Old Baptist in the cemetery listings.

      I know of no published source of Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church minutes.

      Clay

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 19, 2012
        Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church and Cemetery are located Northeast of Hollywood.

        Mud Creek was a creek whose mouth was Northeast of Bellefonte and ran from the Northwest into the TN River it is now an inlet of the TVA resevior. On some maps it it still identified as Mud Creek.

        Clay

        ________________________________

        At 10:19 AM 7/19/2012, you wrote:

        >All,
        >
        >I don't know if this is the same church, but this title is available from
        >the Tennessee Valley Genealogical Society:
        >
        >Minutes of the Baptist Church of Jesus Christ on Paint Rock River and Larkin
        >Fork, Jackson
        >Co., AL. 96 pages, full name index, Anne Beason Gahan C 1991.....
        >..................... .20.00
        >
        >(<http://www.tvgs.org/publications.htm>http://www.tvgs.org/publications.htm)
        >
        >Best,
        >
        >David Larsen

      • David Larsen
        Message 3 of 26 , Jul 19, 2012
          Thanks, Clay, for pointing out that the Paint Rock church is a different church, though I think it was associated with the Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Association.

          I notice that some minutes of the Mud Creek Association of Primitive Baptists going back to 1876 are available on the Internet Archive:

          http://archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22Mud%20Creek%20Primitive%20Baptist%20Association%22

          These aren’t the same as the minutes of Old Baptist church, but you might find some names of interest listed there.

          Best,

          David

          At 10:19 AM 7/19/2012, you wrote:

          >All,
          >
          >I don't know if this is the same church, but this title is available from
          >the Tennessee Valley Genealogical Society:
          >
          >Minutes of the Baptist Church of Jesus Christ on Paint Rock River and Larkin
          >Fork, Jackson
          >Co., AL. 96 pages, full name index, Anne Beason Gahan C 1991.....
          >..................... .20.00
          >
          >(<http://www.tvgs.org/publications.htm>http://www.tvgs.org/publications.htm)
          >
          >Best,
          >
          >David Larsen

        • James and Barbara Dooley
          Message 4 of 26 , Jul 19, 2012
            Thank you, Clay.
            Barbara

            At 01:19 PM 7/19/2012, you wrote:

            >No the church David is talking about is in the Paint Rock Valley.

            >Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church is near Bellafonte. Before TVA
            >damned the TN River there was a creek near Bellefonte named Mud Creek. I
            >have a copy of the contract between the county and my Ggrandfather James
            >M. Gullatt to build a bridge across Mud Creek.  Mud Creek Primitive
            >Baptist is the same as Old Baptist in the cemetery listings.

            >I know of no published source of Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church
            >minutes.Â

            >Clay
            >

            >________________________________
            >From: James and Barbara Dooley

          • SHEILA MCCLOUD
            Message 5 of 26 , Jul 21, 2012
              I have some of the minutes of that association.  I hope to publish them when time permits.  My gg grandfather was the clerk and some of his family were the the traveling preachers.  He was Richard Seay.

              >No the church David is talking about is in the Paint Rock Valley.

              >Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church is near Bellafonte. Before TVA
              >damned the TN River there was a creek near Bellefonte named Mud Creek. I
              >have a copy of the contract between the county and my Ggrandfather James
              >M. Gullatt to build a bridge across Mud Creek.  Mud Creek Primitive
              >Baptist is the same as Old Baptist in the cemetery listings.

              >I know of no published source of Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church
              >minutes.Â

              >Clay
              >

              >________________________________
              >From: James and Barbara Dooley

            • James and Barbara Dooley
              Message 6 of 26 , Jul 21, 2012
                I'll look forward to your publication. I'm interested to know if the
                Richard Wilson who was active in the Mud Creek association might have been
                my gt.gt.grandfather, who had been active as a Baptist preacher in McMinn
                Co., TN. Some of my Wilson ancestors, including my father, his siblings,
                his father, his grandmother, and his grandaunt later lived in Jackson Co.,
                so there was definitely a family connection in the area.

                Barbara Dooley

                At 10:27 AM 7/21/2012, you wrote:

                >I have some of the minutes of that association. I hope to publish them
                >when time permits. My gg grandfather was the clerk and some of his
                >family were the the traveling preachers. He was Richard Seay.
                >
                >--- On Thu, 7/19/12, James and Barbara Dooley
                ><<mailto:jb.dooley100%40gmail.com>jb.dooley100@...> wrote:
                >
                >From: James and Barbara Dooley
                ><<mailto:jb.dooley100%40gmail.com>jb.dooley100@...>
                >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church
                ><mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                >Date: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 6:03 PM
                >

                >Thank you, Clay.
                >Barbara

              • Larry Williams
                Message 7 of 26 , Jul 21, 2012
                  a lot of people from Meigs & McMinn Counties settled in Jackson County for
                  some reaseon.

                  On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 4:11 PM, James and Barbara Dooley <
                  jb.dooley100@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > I'll look forward to your publication. I'm interested to know if the
                  > Richard Wilson who was active in the Mud Creek association might have been
                  > my gt.gt.grandfather, who had been active as a Baptist preacher in McMinn
                  > Co., TN. Some of my Wilson ancestors, including my father, his siblings,
                  > his father, his grandmother, and his grandaunt later lived in Jackson Co.,
                  > so there was definitely a family connection in the area.
                  >
                  > Barbara Dooley
                  >
                  > At 10:27 AM 7/21/2012, you wrote:
                  > >

                  > >I have some of the minutes of that association.� I hope to publish them
                  > >when time permits.� My gg grandfather was the clerk and some of his
                  > >family were the the traveling preachers.� He was Richard Seay.
                  > >
                  > >--- On Thu, 7/19/12, James and Barbara Dooley
                  > ><<mailto:jb.dooley100%40gmail.com>jb.dooley100@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > >From: James and Barbara Dooley
                  > ><<mailto:jb.dooley100%40gmail.com>jb.dooley100@...>
                  > >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church
                  > ><mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                  > >Date: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 6:03 PM
                  > >
                  > >�
                  > >
                  > >Thank you, Clay.
                  > >Barbara
                  > >
                  > >At 01:19 PM 7/19/2012, you wrote:

                  Larry G. Williams
                  Co-Director, Agrimissions
                  43 Crisp Lane
                  Trenton, GA 30752
                  (423) 240-2089 Cell/Business
                  agrimissions.williams@...
                  lgwilliams1947@...
                  http://agrimissions.com
                  http://themissionsociety.org

                • James and Barbara Dooley
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jul 21, 2012
                    Thanks, Larry. I had wondered if that might not be the case. Do you
                    happen to have surnames of McMinn Co. people?

                    Barbara