Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church

  • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 18 4:58 PM
      There is a list of members of the early church at www.trackingyourroots.com/jackson.htm . This church is known as Old Baptist Cemetery in the cemetery listings.

      I have never seen anything about the entire church minutes being published. I do know that has happened to some of the early churches in Georgia.

    • David Larsen
      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 19 7:19 AM
        All,

        I don't know if this is the same church, but this title is available from
        the Tennessee Valley Genealogical Society:

        Minutes of the Baptist Church of Jesus Christ on Paint Rock River and Larkin
        Fork, Jackson
        Co., AL. 96 pages, full name index, Anne Beason Gahan C 1991.....
        ..................... .20.00

        (http://www.tvgs.org/publications.htm)

        Best,

        David Larsen

        There is a list of members of the early church at
        www.trackingyourroots.com/jackson.htm . This church is known as Old Baptist
        Cemetery in the cemetery listings.

        I have never seen anything about the entire church minutes being published.
        I do know that has happened to some of the early churches in Georgia.

      • James and Barbara Dooley
        Message 3 of 26 , Jul 19 9:07 AM
          Can anyone tell us if this is the same as Mud Creek Church?
          Barbara

        • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 26 , Jul 19 10:19 AM
            No the church David is talking about is in the Paint Rock Valley.

            Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church is near Bellafonte. Before TVA damned the TN River there was a creek near Bellefonte named Mud Creek. I have a copy of the contract between the county and my Ggrandfather James M. Gullatt to build a bridge across Mud Creek.  Mud Creek Primitive Baptist is the same as Old Baptist in the cemetery listings.

            I know of no published source of Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church minutes.

            Clay

            ________________________________

          • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 26 , Jul 19 10:45 AM
              Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church and Cemetery are located Northeast of Hollywood.

              Mud Creek was a creek whose mouth was Northeast of Bellefonte and ran from the Northwest into the TN River it is now an inlet of the TVA resevior. On some maps it it still identified as Mud Creek.

              Clay

              ________________________________

              At 10:19 AM 7/19/2012, you wrote:

              >All,
              >
              >I don't know if this is the same church, but this title is available from
              >the Tennessee Valley Genealogical Society:
              >
              >Minutes of the Baptist Church of Jesus Christ on Paint Rock River and Larkin
              >Fork, Jackson
              >Co., AL. 96 pages, full name index, Anne Beason Gahan C 1991.....
              >..................... .20.00
              >
              >(<http://www.tvgs.org/publications.htm>http://www.tvgs.org/publications.htm)
              >
              >Best,
              >
              >David Larsen

            • David Larsen
              Message 6 of 26 , Jul 19 11:08 AM
                Thanks, Clay, for pointing out that the Paint Rock church is a different church, though I think it was associated with the Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Association.

                I notice that some minutes of the Mud Creek Association of Primitive Baptists going back to 1876 are available on the Internet Archive:

                http://archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22Mud%20Creek%20Primitive%20Baptist%20Association%22

                These aren’t the same as the minutes of Old Baptist church, but you might find some names of interest listed there.

                Best,

                David

                At 10:19 AM 7/19/2012, you wrote:

                >All,
                >
                >I don't know if this is the same church, but this title is available from
                >the Tennessee Valley Genealogical Society:
                >
                >Minutes of the Baptist Church of Jesus Christ on Paint Rock River and Larkin
                >Fork, Jackson
                >Co., AL. 96 pages, full name index, Anne Beason Gahan C 1991.....
                >..................... .20.00
                >
                >(<http://www.tvgs.org/publications.htm>http://www.tvgs.org/publications.htm)
                >
                >Best,
                >
                >David Larsen

              • James and Barbara Dooley
                Message 7 of 26 , Jul 19 4:03 PM
                  Thank you, Clay.
                  Barbara

                  At 01:19 PM 7/19/2012, you wrote:

                  >No the church David is talking about is in the Paint Rock Valley.

                  >Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church is near Bellafonte. Before TVA
                  >damned the TN River there was a creek near Bellefonte named Mud Creek. I
                  >have a copy of the contract between the county and my Ggrandfather James
                  >M. Gullatt to build a bridge across Mud Creek.  Mud Creek Primitive
                  >Baptist is the same as Old Baptist in the cemetery listings.

                  >I know of no published source of Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church
                  >minutes.Â

                  >Clay
                  >

                  >________________________________
                  >From: James and Barbara Dooley

                • SHEILA MCCLOUD
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jul 21 7:27 AM
                    I have some of the minutes of that association.  I hope to publish them when time permits.  My gg grandfather was the clerk and some of his family were the the traveling preachers.  He was Richard Seay.

                    >No the church David is talking about is in the Paint Rock Valley.

                    >Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church is near Bellafonte. Before TVA
                    >damned the TN River there was a creek near Bellefonte named Mud Creek. I
                    >have a copy of the contract between the county and my Ggrandfather James
                    >M. Gullatt to build a bridge across Mud Creek.  Mud Creek Primitive
                    >Baptist is the same as Old Baptist in the cemetery listings.

                    >I know of no published source of Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church
                    >minutes.Â

                    >Clay
                    >

                    >________________________________
                    >From: James and Barbara Dooley

                  • James and Barbara Dooley
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jul 21 1:11 PM
                      I'll look forward to your publication. I'm interested to know if the
                      Richard Wilson who was active in the Mud Creek association might have been
                      my gt.gt.grandfather, who had been active as a Baptist preacher in McMinn
                      Co., TN. Some of my Wilson ancestors, including my father, his siblings,
                      his father, his grandmother, and his grandaunt later lived in Jackson Co.,
                      so there was definitely a family connection in the area.

                      Barbara Dooley

                      At 10:27 AM 7/21/2012, you wrote:

                      >I have some of the minutes of that association. I hope to publish them
                      >when time permits. My gg grandfather was the clerk and some of his
                      >family were the the traveling preachers. He was Richard Seay.
                      >
                      >--- On Thu, 7/19/12, James and Barbara Dooley
                      ><<mailto:jb.dooley100%40gmail.com>jb.dooley100@...> wrote:
                      >
                      >From: James and Barbara Dooley
                      ><<mailto:jb.dooley100%40gmail.com>jb.dooley100@...>
                      >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church
                      ><mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                      >Date: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 6:03 PM
                      >

                      >Thank you, Clay.
                      >Barbara

                    • Larry Williams
                      Message 10 of 26 , Jul 21 1:59 PM
                        a lot of people from Meigs & McMinn Counties settled in Jackson County for
                        some reaseon.

                        On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 4:11 PM, James and Barbara Dooley <
                        jb.dooley100@...> wrote:

                        > **
                        >

                        > I'll look forward to your publication. I'm interested to know if the
                        > Richard Wilson who was active in the Mud Creek association might have been
                        > my gt.gt.grandfather, who had been active as a Baptist preacher in McMinn
                        > Co., TN. Some of my Wilson ancestors, including my father, his siblings,
                        > his father, his grandmother, and his grandaunt later lived in Jackson Co.,
                        > so there was definitely a family connection in the area.
                        >
                        > Barbara Dooley
                        >
                        > At 10:27 AM 7/21/2012, you wrote:
                        > >

                        > >I have some of the minutes of that association.� I hope to publish them
                        > >when time permits.� My gg grandfather was the clerk and some of his
                        > >family were the the traveling preachers.� He was Richard Seay.
                        > >
                        > >--- On Thu, 7/19/12, James and Barbara Dooley
                        > ><<mailto:jb.dooley100%40gmail.com>jb.dooley100@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > >From: James and Barbara Dooley
                        > ><<mailto:jb.dooley100%40gmail.com>jb.dooley100@...>
                        > >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Mud Creek Primitive Baptist Church
                        > ><mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
                        > jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                        > >Date: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 6:03 PM
                        > >
                        > >�
                        > >
                        > >Thank you, Clay.
                        > >Barbara
                        > >
                        > >At 01:19 PM 7/19/2012, you wrote:

                        Larry G. Williams
                        Co-Director, Agrimissions
                        43 Crisp Lane
                        Trenton, GA 30752
                        (423) 240-2089 Cell/Business
                        agrimissions.williams@...
                        lgwilliams1947@...
                        http://agrimissions.com
                        http://themissionsociety.org

                      • James and Barbara Dooley
                        Message 11 of 26 , Jul 21 9:39 PM
                          Thanks, Larry. I had wondered if that might not be the case. Do you
                          happen to have surnames of McMinn Co. people?

                          Barbara