DNA Testing

  • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2012
      I would remind everyone that in the old days when children were ophaned they were often taken into related families or sometimes unrelated familes and would some times take the surname of the family they were adopted into. There have been instances of that in this group. So yes you can get some surprises from the dna. Or as sometimes happens someone in the family did not marry but still had children. So surprise there third cousins!

    • blackcloud27030
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 17, 2013
        If you want to get deeper into what DNA Testing is and what it can give you may I suggest that you go to wikipedia.com and search for both DNA Testing and DNA Genealogy. Believe me it ain't as easy and as simplistic as some of the DNA Companies would have you believe.

        From what I have seen the results you get from ancestry.com is mostly based on the family trees you have upload to them. They are cheaper but you get what you pay for. The cheaper the test you get from whatever company the less results you get. It also depends what sex you are as to what tests you need to do.