Hall family (was: DNA Testing)

  • Vicki L Hill
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 24, 2012
      Jackie, what is your Hall connection? I am a descendant of James Hall b.
      1787 and Mary Ann Williams of Jackson Co, AL, through their daughter
      Permelia Hall, b. 1820. She married William Vandiver. Their daughter,
      Rebecca Jane Vandiver b. 1856, married John Anderson Hill and moved to
      Texas. Rebecca and John were my great-grandparents.

      Vicki Hill,
      Texas

      >By the way, I am a HALL descendent from Larkinsville and Paint Rock area.

      Jackie

    • Jackie Brothers
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 24, 2012
        Hi Cousin,

        My line of descent is as follows:

        Elder James Hall and Mary Ann Williams

        Thomas W Hall and Sarah A Taylor

        William Henry "Bill" Hall and Amanda Montgomery Frazier

        John Henry Hall and Jessie H Dickinson

        Henry Chester "Check" Hall and China Valentine Williams, my grandparents.

        William migrated to Arkansas where all my family are now. I live in Baldwin
        County Alabama.

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 24, 2012
          Thanks...yes, we are indeed related. Where in Arkansas did your family
          migrate to? When Rebecca (Vandiver) Hill and husband John first came to
          Texas, they stayed in Denton County with one of the Halls. I'd have to go
          look it up, but it was either Permelia's brother (Rebecca's great-uncle), or
          Permelia's nephew (Rebecca's cousin). From there they went to Arkansas (I'm
          not sure where). It was in Arkansas that John Anderson Hill got his license
          to be a minister. Then they moved to Rusk County, Texas, where they remained
          for the rest of their lives. (My dad was born in Rusk County but moved to
          Dallas in infancy.) Since they came to Texas because of the Hall family
          already here, it is likely that they also went to the area of Arkansas where
          some of the family had settled.

          Vicki

          From: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 27, 2012
            Vicki,

            William Henry "Bill" Hall settled in Okolona, Clark Co., Arkansas where he
            died on 27 Jan 1902,

            His son, my Gr Grandfather, John Henry Hall married my Gr Grandmother,
            Jessie Dickinson in 1892,

            Nevada Co., AR, they moved around quite a bit, but always within Clark
            County, (South Fork, Antoine,

            Terre Noir) until after the 1920 census when he moved his family to Black
            Oak, Craighead Co., AR. He

            died there 7 years later on 12 Mar 1927. My grandfather remained in Black
            Oak and raised his family

            of 3 girls and 4 boys. Later he bought a farm in Lorado, Craighead Co., AR
            where he and my grandmother

            lived the rest of their lives and are buried. Now the remainder of the
            family are scattered, with all the girls

            living in St Louis, 3 of the boys living in Jonesboro, Craighead Co., AR and
            the other boy living in Mississippi.

            From: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 27, 2012
              Thank you. Clark County is ringing a bell. I'll have to go look some things
              up; but memory says I ran across something about Clark County with this
              family.

              More research to do....<smile>

              Vicki Hill

              From: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com

            • cagle8185@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 27, 2012
                Are you kin to Mr Hall at Halls Chapel?

                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 27, 2012
                  Not that I know of.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 29, 2012
                    Jackie, the reason I ask is the Halls and the chapel are located on Larkin Fork. Mr. Hall recently pass away. They own lots of land in the area and live in old home across from the chapel. If your Halls are from this area you are probably related.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 29, 2012
                      Do you have any names? I would agree; Jackie and I both are likely related to those Halls. However, her family and mine both moved away from Jackson Co. many years ago.

                      Vicki Hill (also a descendant of James Hall and Mary Ann Williams)

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 29, 2012
                        You’re right if it’s on Larkin Fork then we probably are. Do you have any information about him?

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 29, 2012
                          Vicki, Kyle is also a cousin of ours.