Re: [jacksongenealogy] Alabama Census Tax Lists

  • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 63 , Jun 16, 2012
      There is no 1820 Census for Jackson County.

      Just because Jackson County wasn't established until Dec 1819 does not mean that white settlers were not already living there, esepecially in the western sections of the county because from all accounts they were living in the coves there well before Jackson became a county. Many white settlers moved into the Indian villages before or as soon as Jackson became a county in 1819.

      I looked at Madison County's MS/AL Territory and Property and Tax lists 1809 - 1819 Madison Co. MS Terrritoy 1809 Census and did not see a Joseph Thomas. However if he was living with his parents he would not be on those lists. There is a Benjamin and a John Thomas listed in 1815 and 1816 in Madison Co.

      My Greatgreatgrandfather John Gullatt's estate was probated in Sep 1824 at Bellefonte and from the list of property he had been there well before then. My Greatgrandfather and his twin brother were supposed to have been born at Bellefonte on 15 Apr 1820. Virginia Court Records say they were living in AL in 1817.

      Clay

      Message 63 of 63 , Jul 14, 2013
        Regarding your item 2, do you mean "share genome INFORMATION with me"? If so, maybe include the word "information" so no one misunderstands.