Civil War research

  • Jerry Triplett
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2012
      Anyone that is an accomplished CW researcher want to lend a hand? I don't know enough to be good at it.

      Louis A Fagg was born in AL about 1839. He married Lucinda Thomas about 1859. Their first child was born about 1860. By 1870, she and her two children are living with her brother. How many L A Fagg's can there be in the CW? I believe that he joined the 55th Reg, AL Inf Vols. My supposition is that he was killed in the war.

      Was the 55th Inf from the Jackson Co area? Are there records of the casualties? From what I have read the 55th was decimated in several different battles.

      Any help would be appreciated.

    • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2012
        Jerry

        He died 06 July 1863 Vicksburg, MS.

        He was a Pvt in 55th AL Volunteers, Co F, Snodgrass' Reg't AL Volunteers

        Enlisted 31 Oct 1861 at Camp Cheatham for 1 year.

        Only 3 cards for him. No cause of death given.

        Clay

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 13, 2012
          Clay, thanks alot. Just what I suspected.