Re: George Reed/Mary Garner

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012
      yes, it is the same Harriett Garner who married William A. Hinshaw. Her marriage certificate says the wedding was at the home of her stepfather, George Reed.

      Bob Henshaw

    • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012
        Bob

        I found them on the 1900 Census in Chickasaw Nation, Indian Terr. as William A. and Hettie C. Hinshaw and at findagrave both dying in 1904.

        On findagrave they are listed as buried in Erin Springs Cem., Erin Springs, Garvin County, OK. Hettie is listed as Mattie Hinshaw b. 13 Feb 1866 d. 09 Apr 1904. William A. Hinshaw b. 12 Oct 1861 d. 22 Mar 1904. Both born Alabama.

        The only other Hinshaw I found in Garvin Co. is their son George H. buried in Oaklawn Cem d. 1901.

        From the 1900 Census they moved to TX before 1887 back to AL  between 1893/94 then to OK after 1897. The children must have moved back to Jackson Co. after 1904 as I found some of then on the 1910 Jackson Co.

        From the Hobson family tree their last child Esther Mae was b. 16 May 1902 OK. They did not list Harriet C.'s parents.

        Nothing on the 1870 Census.

        The only way to find her father's name would be in a family bible or on her death certificate. Info I saw said 1907 for death certificates in OK.

        I found no death records for them at familysearch.org.

        Clay

        ________________________________
        yes, it is the same Harriett Garner who married William A. Hinshaw. Her marriage certificate says the wedding was at the home of her stepfather, George Reed.

        Bob Henshaw
        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, blackcloud27030@... wrote:

        > Bob
        >
        > Is this the Harrett C. Garner who m. William A. Henshaw 05 Apr 1882 in Jackson Co. (familysearch.org index, Margaret C. Garner ancestry.com index)?
        >
        > Clay
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Robert
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012

          Thank you for this information, I am complete on Harriett. The person I am really stuck on is what was her Mother's maiden name. She was Mary Ann Garner when she married George Reed but I do not believe that is her maiden name.

          Bob

        • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012
            Bob

            Have you found Mary Ann and George Reed's son John's death certificate it may have her maiden name on it.

            Clay

            ________________________________
            Thank you for this information, I am complete on Harriett. The person I am really stuck on is what was her Mother's maiden name. She was Mary Ann Garner when she married George Reed but I do not believe that is her maiden name.

            Bob

            --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, blackcloud27030@... wrote:

            > Bob
            >
            > I found them on the 1900 Census in Chickasaw Nation, Indian Terr. as William A. and Hettie C. Hinshaw and at findagrave both dying in 1904.
            >
            > On findagrave they are listed as buried in Erin Springs Cem., Erin Springs, Garvin County, OK. Hettie is listed as Mattie Hinshaw b. 13 Feb 1866 d. 09 Apr 1904. William A. Hinshaw b. 12 Oct 1861 d. 22 Mar 1904. Both born Alabama.
            >
            > The only other Hinshaw I found in Garvin Co. is their son George H. buried in Oaklawn Cem d. 1901.
            >
            > From the 1900 Census they moved to TX before 1887 back to AL  between 1893/94 then to OK after 1897. The children must have moved back to Jackson Co. after 1904 as I found some of then on the 1910 Jackson Co.
            >
            > From the Hobson family tree their last child Esther Mae was b. 16 May 1902 OK. They did not list Harriet C.'s parents.
            >
            > Nothing on the 1870 Census.
            >
            > The only way to find her father's name would be in a family bible or on her death certificate. Info I saw said 1907 for death certificates in OK.
            >
            > I found no death records for them at familysearch.org.
            >
            > Clay
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Robert
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012
              That is a good thought, I have not looked for that. Also on my next trip to Scottsboro, I want to find the actual marriage certificate for Mary and George Reed because sometimes there is clue there, for example it might tell me where they were married.

              Bob

            • Jewel Casey
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012
                Clay, George Reed is found in 1870 Township 2, Range 4 living with his father Thomas Reed Houshehold 42-42
                Thomas Reed 80 KY
                George Reed 47 AL
                Mary 22 AL
                Thomas 18 AL
                Hannah 14 AL
                Robert 11 AL
                Susan 8 AL
                James 6 AL
                Ann 4 AL
                William Isabell 18 AL

                on the 1880 census
                daughter Mary 32
                Thomas is already gone
                Hannah is already gone
                Robert is already gone
                Susan C is 18
                James G. is 16
                Ann is 14
                George Reed has married to Mary Ann Garner 1870 and had
                Alabama age 6
                John age 4
                Thomas 92 father WD
                Harriet Garner 14 stepdaughter