Re: [jacksongenealogy] George Reed/Mary Garner

  • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
      Bob

      They were married 22 Sep 1870 by JOP B. G. Grimmett. They are listed on the 1880 Census living at Larkinsford, Jackson Co.

      Using the info they gave on the 1880 Census  Mary Ann b. 1834 TN and Harriet b. 1866 AL, I could not find them on the 1870 Census. I looked 5 years either side of their birth year.

      Clay

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 6, 2012
        Bob

        Is this the Harrett C. Garner who m. William A. Henshaw 05 Apr 1882 in Jackson Co. (familysearch.org index, Margaret C. Garner ancestry.com index)?

        Clay

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012
          yes, it is the same Harriett Garner who married William A. Hinshaw. Her marriage certificate says the wedding was at the home of her stepfather, George Reed.

          Bob Henshaw

        • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012
            Bob

            I found them on the 1900 Census in Chickasaw Nation, Indian Terr. as William A. and Hettie C. Hinshaw and at findagrave both dying in 1904.

            On findagrave they are listed as buried in Erin Springs Cem., Erin Springs, Garvin County, OK. Hettie is listed as Mattie Hinshaw b. 13 Feb 1866 d. 09 Apr 1904. William A. Hinshaw b. 12 Oct 1861 d. 22 Mar 1904. Both born Alabama.

            The only other Hinshaw I found in Garvin Co. is their son George H. buried in Oaklawn Cem d. 1901.

            From the 1900 Census they moved to TX before 1887 back to AL  between 1893/94 then to OK after 1897. The children must have moved back to Jackson Co. after 1904 as I found some of then on the 1910 Jackson Co.

            From the Hobson family tree their last child Esther Mae was b. 16 May 1902 OK. They did not list Harriet C.'s parents.

            Nothing on the 1870 Census.

            The only way to find her father's name would be in a family bible or on her death certificate. Info I saw said 1907 for death certificates in OK.

            I found no death records for them at familysearch.org.

            Clay

            ________________________________
            yes, it is the same Harriett Garner who married William A. Hinshaw. Her marriage certificate says the wedding was at the home of her stepfather, George Reed.

            Bob Henshaw
            --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, blackcloud27030@... wrote:

            > Bob
            >
            > Is this the Harrett C. Garner who m. William A. Henshaw 05 Apr 1882 in Jackson Co. (familysearch.org index, Margaret C. Garner ancestry.com index)?
            >
            > Clay
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Robert
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012

              Thank you for this information, I am complete on Harriett. The person I am really stuck on is what was her Mother's maiden name. She was Mary Ann Garner when she married George Reed but I do not believe that is her maiden name.

              Bob

            • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012
                Bob

                Have you found Mary Ann and George Reed's son John's death certificate it may have her maiden name on it.

                Clay

                ________________________________
                Thank you for this information, I am complete on Harriett. The person I am really stuck on is what was her Mother's maiden name. She was Mary Ann Garner when she married George Reed but I do not believe that is her maiden name.

                Bob

                --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, blackcloud27030@... wrote:

                > Bob
                >
                > I found them on the 1900 Census in Chickasaw Nation, Indian Terr. as William A. and Hettie C. Hinshaw and at findagrave both dying in 1904.
                >
                > On findagrave they are listed as buried in Erin Springs Cem., Erin Springs, Garvin County, OK. Hettie is listed as Mattie Hinshaw b. 13 Feb 1866 d. 09 Apr 1904. William A. Hinshaw b. 12 Oct 1861 d. 22 Mar 1904. Both born Alabama.
                >
                > The only other Hinshaw I found in Garvin Co. is their son George H. buried in Oaklawn Cem d. 1901.
                >
                > From the 1900 Census they moved to TX before 1887 back to AL  between 1893/94 then to OK after 1897. The children must have moved back to Jackson Co. after 1904 as I found some of then on the 1910 Jackson Co.
                >
                > From the Hobson family tree their last child Esther Mae was b. 16 May 1902 OK. They did not list Harriet C.'s parents.
                >
                > Nothing on the 1870 Census.
                >
                > The only way to find her father's name would be in a family bible or on her death certificate. Info I saw said 1907 for death certificates in OK.
                >
                > I found no death records for them at familysearch.org.
                >
                > Clay
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Robert
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012
                  That is a good thought, I have not looked for that. Also on my next trip to Scottsboro, I want to find the actual marriage certificate for Mary and George Reed because sometimes there is clue there, for example it might tell me where they were married.

                  Bob

                • Jewel Casey
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012
                    Clay, George Reed is found in 1870 Township 2, Range 4 living with his father Thomas Reed Houshehold 42-42
                    Thomas Reed 80 KY
                    George Reed 47 AL
                    Mary 22 AL
                    Thomas 18 AL
                    Hannah 14 AL
                    Robert 11 AL
                    Susan 8 AL
                    James 6 AL
                    Ann 4 AL
                    William Isabell 18 AL

                    on the 1880 census
                    daughter Mary 32
                    Thomas is already gone
                    Hannah is already gone
                    Robert is already gone
                    Susan C is 18
                    James G. is 16
                    Ann is 14
                    George Reed has married to Mary Ann Garner 1870 and had
                    Alabama age 6
                    John age 4
                    Thomas 92 father WD
                    Harriet Garner 14 stepdaughter