Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Melungeons

  • Bbrock1945
    Message 1 of 17 , May 27 7:36 PM
      Did hear on the Henry Gates, jr. PBS genealogy program, that if a female indentured servant had a child with a person who was a slave , that chld was 'free' like the mother. This would go along with the Colins research on Melungeons - that's not to say that all people called 'Melungeions were 1/2 Euro and 12 Afro.Am. but some may have been descendants of indentured slaves and Aftro Am.'s.????

      Brenda