Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: HARPERS / WILLIAMS

  • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2012
      Brenda

      I am kin to the most of the Harpers in Jackson Co. These Harpers descend from John Harper of Noke, Oxfordshire, England a Quaker who immiagrated with his family to Philadelphia in 1682, through is son Joseph through his son Josiah Sr Frederick Co. MD,  his son Robert Frederick Co. MD to Bedford Co. VA to Madison Co. AL and Tuscaloosa Co. AL. Robert's son John Payne Harper who mar. Martha "Patsy" Phillips in Madison Co. in 1813 then moved to Boxes Cove, Larkinsville, Jackson Co. by 1820. Another of Joseph Harper's sons was Robert who founded Harpers Ferry VA.

      I don't know of any of them who married Williams.

      Clay