borders

  • grams46@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2012
      _bhenshaw@..._ (mailto:bhenshaw@...) writes:

      I have found that apparently whichever census taker showed up first
      indicated where the people live, one time they are in Jackson County, AL , the
      next time in Franklin County, TN. So when searching census records you have to
      search on both.>

      thank you bob. i appreciate your input.
      i am not surprised by this because some of my people lived right on the
      border between tennessee and alabama.
      peace from kathy

    • Bbrock1945
      Message 2 of 3 , May 27, 2012
        Hello friends and cousins,

        Does anyone know of a connection between the HARPERS and the WILLIAMS (John and Christian/Christina, etc) families? The Williams were living in the Paint Rock area by 1820.

        Am interested in HARPERS (not my line but a friends and they may be connetected to my Williams) who were in PRINCE WILLIAM Co. VA. then some removed to early KENTUCKY, circa 1778 . the area that became Montgomery Co. KY. These HARPERS were in or around the early Boonesboro settlement.

        Thanks for any information/tips, etc.

        Brenda

      • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 27, 2012
          Brenda

          I am kin to the most of the Harpers in Jackson Co. These Harpers descend from John Harper of Noke, Oxfordshire, England a Quaker who immiagrated with his family to Philadelphia in 1682, through is son Joseph through his son Josiah Sr Frederick Co. MD,  his son Robert Frederick Co. MD to Bedford Co. VA to Madison Co. AL and Tuscaloosa Co. AL. Robert's son John Payne Harper who mar. Martha "Patsy" Phillips in Madison Co. in 1813 then moved to Boxes Cove, Larkinsville, Jackson Co. by 1820. Another of Joseph Harper's sons was Robert who founded Harpers Ferry VA.

          I don't know of any of them who married Williams.

          Clay