Re: [jacksongenealogy] williams

  • Bbrock1945
    Message 1 of 14 , May 7, 2012
      Kyle, great information. Polly and Milly Williams would have been about the same age as John Williams - perhaps siblings? I will poke around a bit in TN., starting with Henry County!

      James Hall who married Polly Williams and Thomas Hall who
      married Milly Williams). Polly and Milly were born about 1790 in TN
      (some say born and/or married in Henry Co, TN which shared a changing
      border with KY).

      THANKS,

      Brenda

      Message 2 of 14 , May 7, 2012
        I know my JOHN WILLIAMS and wife Christina were in the PAINT ROCK area of AL. Not shure if that's around Stevenson/Bridgeport or not - will have to find a map but thanks.

        Brenda

        I have a John Williams in the family but I believe the Williams line you
        are looking at is from the Stevenson/Bridgeport region of Jackson County.
        there is a large group of Williams there and they have much more on their
        line than I do.
        The 2 John Williams I have one married Ida Belle Henson and the other
        married Clara California Phillips.
        Larry

        Larry G. Williams
        Co-Director, Agrimissions
        43 Crisp Lane
        Trenton, GA 30752
        (423) 240-2089 Cell/Business
        lgwilliams1947@...
        http://agrimissions.com

      • Bbrock1945
        Message 3 of 14 , May 7, 2012
          Hi
          Forgot to mention that this JOHN WILLIAMS family belonged to the PAINT ROCK BAPTIST CHURCH. Don't know if there were HALLS or other WILLIAMS - need to see if I can find those records. Some very nice JA.CO. list member emailed them to me a number of years ago.

          Kyle Davenport
          Unix Systems Consultant
          Dallas, TX

        • Bbrock1945
          Message 4 of 14 , May 7, 2012
            Kathy,
            Good to know. Thanks for posting that Williams info.!!

            Brenda

            Message 5 of 14 , May 7, 2012
              My Williams is
              Isaac H. Willaims born in NC in 1804 and married Clarienda McCoy born abt
              1816 in NC. They married about 1834 in either NC or TN. Isaac died after
              1870 probably in Dade, GA and Clarienda died before 1870 probably in Dade,
              GA.
              Children all born in TN are:
              James Henry Williams B 29 Feb 1848 and died 12 Nov 1922 in New Hope, AL He
              married Henrietta "Brewer" Bice in abt. 1834 probably in Dade, GA
              Amanda M. Williams B 1840
              Thomas I Williams 1841
              Clarienda 1846 married Martin VanBuren Webb in Marion County, TN and moved
              to Oklahoma
              Robert T. Williams 1848
              Isaac Newton B 1836
              They all lived in South Nashville in 1850 and moved to Dade, GA between
              1850-1860. Isaac Newton stayed there or moved somewhere else and did not
              come to Dade with the family.
              My great grandfather is James Henry and his children were:
              George Lafayette Williams married Carolina Roehrig and lived in Section,
              Jackson, AL (He is my grandfather)
              Clarienda Luella Williams married Walter Jefferson Newman
              James Henry Williams buried in Bridgeport
              Joh Isaac married Ida Henson and buried at Bridgeport
              Elena Belle Williams married David Paul Floyd and buried in Bridgeport
              Thomas Edward Williams married Laura Moon and buried in Gadsden, AL
              Mollie Etta Williams married James David Joyner and buried at Bridgeport
              Robert Bateman Bice (half sibling on Henrietta's side) buried in Birmingham
              married Annie E. Harvey
              Juda Bice married William Rowland and buried in Bridgeport
              Larry

              On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:17 PM, <grams46@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > in my jackson co. and franklin co. tn. families, a number of them went
              > back
              > and forth between counties.
              >
              > my williams:
              > larry j. williams or james larry williams 1869-1959 married
              > susan m. morris 1894-1954, they lived in franklin co. tn. just north of
              > jackson county
              >
              > mary melissa williams born franklin co. tn. died 1944 in franklin co. tn.
              > married
              > michael wilkerson sr. 1873-1952, born franklin co. tn. died jackson co.
              >
              > william jefferson williams 1818-1885, born franklin co. tn. died osage co.
              > missouri married
              > elizabeth ann stubblefield 1821-1895, born franklin co. tn. died osage co.
              > missouri
              >
              > william maclin williams father of
              > mary melissa williams and
              > william marion williams
              >

              > william marion williams 1875-1958, married
              > sarah ann morris 1878-1928, born franklin co. tn. ,
              > they lived in franklin co. tn.
              >
              > sarah ann morris and susan m. morris were sisters
              >
              > peace from kathy

              Larry G. Williams
              Co-Director, Agrimissions
              43 Crisp Lane