Re: [jacksongenealogy] James Riley Jordan

  • delilah
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 22 6:40 AM
      Is the Odd Fellows not a lodge of some type, is it connected to the Masons, if so they keep really good records and will share with you, try to pull up Masons around Scottsboro.
      delilah

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 22 2:45 PM
        Thank you so much Delilah. I will contact them

        Diann
        301-481-2426

        Is the Odd Fellows not a lodge of some type, is it connected to the Masons, if so they keep really good records and will share with you, try to pull up Masons around Scottsboro.
        delilah

        Good afternoon, I am looking for the grave of James Riley JORDAN. He died in 1904 in Scottsboro, Jackson, AL. All I found was a little article that said he was an oddsfellow. I would love to know where he is buried or any information about him. Thank you in advance

        Diann

      • deb allen
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 23 8:26 AM
          you can learn a lot about odd fellows simply by googling the term.  i don't know if they are involved in things related to genealogy specifically, (i didn't read all the hits due to time this morning) though based on my experiences i've always found them to be a great group of guys.  if you think of it please do a follow up post of what you learn as it relates to records etc. here.  thanks in advance!  deb

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 25 9:04 AM
            Thank you Deb and I will share what I find.

            Diann
            301-481-2426
            Chocolatier #15089, DOVE Chocolate DiscoveriesTM.