Re: [jacksongenealogy] Railroads

  • Karl Plenge
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 21, 2012
      I think everyone addressed the questions I had, but thank you!

    • glonet1
      Message 2 of 15 , May 5, 2012
        Annette,
        I would be very interested in the Pegues letters. Would you mind emailing me at glonet1@... re which Pegues and more info?

        Gloria Nettles

        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Annette Norris Bradford <abradford@...> wrote:

        > On 4/15/2012 9:44 PM, clyde broadway wrote:
        > >
        > > Kirby cemetary is on Backbone Ridge behind Westchester Apts. This
        > > cemetary has under 20 tombstones, one of which is that of Clinton
        > > Kirby, a veteran of the War of 1812, and is very much endangered, as
        > > the fence has been removed and many stones are knocked over or knocked
        > > down. You nearly have to be a billygoat to get to this cemetary now,
        > > because work in the adjacent chert pit has left it isolated.
        > >
        > > Clyde Broadway
        > >
        > > --- On Sun, 4/15/12, David Bradford <abradford@...
        > > <mailto:abradford%40nc.rr.com>> wrote:
        > >
        > > From: David Bradford <abradford@... <mailto:abradford%40nc.rr.com>>
        > > Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Pictures from Inez Jenkins Murphy
        > > To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
        > > <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
        > > Date: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 3:56 PM
        > >

        > > >From conversations with Cindy, I knew that descendents of Inez
        > > Jenkins Murphy, daughter of Willie Porter Jenkins and Lucy Young. We
        > > contacted this descendent recently and have gave us six boxes of
        > > Inez's papers that includes extensive information about the Kirby,
        > > Jenkins, and Pegues family, among others. I have wonderful early
        > > letter (1832) from the Pegues family, a letter postedmarked in
        > > Bellefonte post office, and wonderful paint-enhanced photos (I think)
        > > of Eliza Brown Parks and Richard "Lawyer Dick" Kirby. Richard is the
        > > infamous Kirby who had an additional set of children by his
        > > niece-in-law, Arabelle Boyd Kirby, and was subsquently called before
        > > court on public indecency charges.
        > >
        > > If any of you are interested in these pictures or the Pegues letters
        > > or the Bellefonte postmark, please contact me. I will post other
        > > things from this wonderful stash of genealogy information as I process
        > > them.
        > >
        > > Annette Bradford

        > Yes, Clyde. I have long been concerned about this cemetery. It is very
        > hard to get to and very overgrown. Last time I looked, which was last
        > month, I could not find it at all. I know that David's grandmother went
        > through the process to have the DAR mark Clinton Kirby's grave because
        > he was a Revolutionary War veteran. This cemetery was just barely
        > holding on. I hope I had forgotten where I found it earlier, and was
        > just looking in the wrong place. I believe Richard Kirby is buried up
        > there also. If I read the land patent maps right, this was originally
        > land Richard Kirby's land by patent, but I do not know the history of
        > the land or who owns it now.
        >
        > Annette

      • tigerbite37397
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 5, 2013
          I would be willing to pay for postage/ costs for copies of picures or letters from Ms Inez. Please contact me for more info. Misty Fulfer (423)260-9509

          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "glonet1" wrote:

          > Annette,
          > I would be very interested in the Pegues letters. Would you mind emailing me at glonet1@... re which Pegues and more info?
          >
          > Gloria Nettles
          >
          > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Annette Norris Bradford wrote:
          > >
          > > On 4/15/2012 9:44 PM, clyde broadway wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Kirby cemetary is on Backbone Ridge behind Westchester Apts. This
          > > > cemetary has under 20 tombstones, one of which is that of Clinton
          > > > Kirby, a veteran of the War of 1812, and is very much endangered, as
          > > > the fence has been removed and many stones are knocked over or knocked
          > > > down. You nearly have to be a billygoat to get to this cemetary now,
          > > > because work in the adjacent chert pit has left it isolated.
          > > >
          > > > Clyde Broadway
          > > >
          > > > --- On Sun, 4/15/12, David Bradford
          > > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > From: David Bradford >
          > > > Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Pictures from Inez Jenkins Murphy
          > > > To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
          > > >
          > > > Date: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 3:56 PM

          > > > Jenkins Murphy, daughter of Willie Porter Jenkins and Lucy Young. We
          > > > contacted this descendent recently and have gave us six boxes of
          > > > Inez's papers that includes extensive information about the Kirby,
          > > > Jenkins, and Pegues family, among others. I have wonderful early
          > > > letter (1832) from the Pegues family, a letter postedmarked in
          > > > Bellefonte post office, and wonderful paint-enhanced photos (I think)
          > > > of Eliza Brown Parks and Richard "Lawyer Dick" Kirby. Richard is the
          > > > infamous Kirby who had an additional set of children by his
          > > > niece-in-law, Arabelle Boyd Kirby, and was subsquently called before
          > > > court on public indecency charges.
          > > >
          > > > If any of you are interested in these pictures or the Pegues letters
          > > > or the Bellefonte postmark, please contact me. I will post other
          > > > things from this wonderful stash of genealogy information as I process
          > > > them.
          > > >
          > > > Annette Bradford

          > > Yes, Clyde. I have long been concerned about this cemetery. It is very
          > > hard to get to and very overgrown. Last time I looked, which was last
          > > month, I could not find it at all. I know that David's grandmother went
          > > through the process to have the DAR mark Clinton Kirby's grave because
          > > he was a Revolutionary War veteran. This cemetery was just barely
          > > holding on. I hope I had forgotten where I found it earlier, and was
          > > just looking in the wrong place. I believe Richard Kirby is buried up
          > > there also. If I read the land patent maps right, this was originally
          > > land Richard Kirby's land by patent, but I do not know the history of
          > > the land or who owns it now.
          > >
          > > Annette

        • David Bradford
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 6, 2013
            Misty, just tried calling you. I am willing to mail you a CD. Please call me at the phone number captured by your phone and I will mail you what I have scanned and tell you about the other materials available.

            Annette Bradford