Hugh Rainwater

  • Jerry Triplett
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17 6:58 AM
      Greetings. I need some help if anyone is so inclined. My brain is too small to deal with this.

      I believe that Sarah Thomas, b 1819, daughter of Joseph Thomas of Doran's Cove was married to Hugh Rainwater, b 1814 in NC, of Doran's Cove. But I seem to be the only person that thinks that. I believe that a Thomas family history at the Heritage Center also shows that union. Most people on the net have Hugh Rainwater married to Sarah West.

      In the 1840 Jackson County Census, Hugh Rainwater is living several families away from Joseph Thomas. There are no Wests in sight. I have West ancestors but at this time the Wests are in Franklin County.

      I can find no documentary proof for the marriage of Sarah and Hugh.

      Anyone more familiar with early Jackson County records want to give it a try?

      Thanks.