1880 census

  • deeno
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 27, 2002
      For any of those interested, you can purchase the 1880 census for the ENTIRE
      United States, every person index included, at the LDS site.

      It is abt 46 cds and costs around $50. It is a wonderful tool and more
      than worth the money, in my opinon.

      Rayedene
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 28, 2002
        Hi,
        I have this set of cd's and will do some look-ups. Add my name to the
        Subject line so I don't miss it. Send as much info as possible. Also, it
        wouldn't hurt to send your email addess.
        David Hutton
        Tacoma, Washington
        davidhutton@...

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • grantinput@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
          David, could you check for a Joshua Moon who would be about 67. We know he
          was there in 1859 and 1850. Hope to find him still there in 1880.

          His wife was Sarah and she would be about 60 in 1880.

          Their childen who may well have all been gone from home would have been:
          Nancy, John, Mary, Tira and William. They would have been from 30-40 by
          then. There could have been younger children that I do not know about.

          Thank you so much.

          Pam Lain
          desc of John and Mary Hammonds Moon
        • Wyona Moon
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
            Pam, Nancy Moon daughter of Joshua and sarah married James L. Moon son of my
            ancestor and also my husbands ancestor.
            James L. was the son of William Moon.
            I have a little information of family of James l. and Nancy.
            Wyona Moon

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2002
              Wyona-I am still working on how all this connects us up. I know that it
              does, but have not been able to get it through my computer or my head!! Could
              you give me what info you have on the William Moon who was the father of
              James L.
              Thanks,
              Pam
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 2, 2002
                Pam, The only information I have of William is from 1840 census and from his
                probate papers. He was born in Tn or Pa. There is a marriage record in
                madison County recs for a William Moon and Mary Ann Perkins abt 1811. He
                died about 1844 and his probate papers list children as: 1-George W. Moon
                who is my gg grandfather
                2-William Jefferson Moon
                3-Malinda Moon
                4-Andrew Jackson Moon who is my husband's g grandfather
                5-Eliza C. Moon
                6-James L. (Layefette) Moon
                7-Hester P. Moon
                George W Married Mildred Sutton
                Andrew Jackson Married Sarah Maples
                William Jefferson Married Catherine Miller
                Malinda married Dempsa Hannah
                James L. Married Nancy Moon
                Hester P. Married Edward Noah Maples Jr.
                Eliza C. Married Varnar Cowan.
                Wyona