Caleb, son of Daniel Walls and Alfred son of David Walls

  • paula stockebrand
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2012
        Just adding what notes we have on Caleb.
      We do have (Jackson County) Alfred's line on paper and DNA..(Alfred son of David Wall: David of NAsh NC 1790s)...We have Daniel Wall as brother to David, and father of Caleb: We got DNA on a male in Texas: descendant of Caleb, but it did not match..which could mean orphans or
      any possibility...
      from Paula

          There are several variations of Caleb's name in the court records of the
      county there. (Scotsborro) Several times he was referred to as "Cabb" and granddad.

        "Gentleys Cove is a short distance southeast of downtown Scotsborro, of Jackson County Alabama,,the land of Daniel's is now covered by the Tennessee River...
      According to the land plats and the census coding, the three had land
      adjacent to each other.  In the census, William was still in the
      household of Daniel but Alfred and Caleb showed land adjacent.  Both
      Daniel and Caleb were received land grants because of military service.
      Daniel apparently served in the War of 1812 and Caleb was in the
      Alabama
      militia during the Cherokee removal in 1837 with Ambrister's unit.  These
      grants added to the land
      already owned by the two.  As
      best as I could determine from the maps
      of
      the time, the land owned was in Gentleys Cove which is now covered by the
      Tennessee River after it changed course.  Land plats were among the
      records saved from the Union troops."

      Paula