Caleb M Walls fled Jackson county:

  • paula stockebrand
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2012
      Thank you Ann,
      there is a lot of mystery!!!

       this is from Weatherford Texas:

      My grandfather was William Rufus Walls whose father was Oscar Milton
      Walls, whose father was Caleb Milton Walls.  In 1854, Caleb killed a man
      in Scottsboro and  fled to parts unknown, never to be heard of or seen
      again.  In 1860, a William Milton Walls married in England, Lonoke
      County, Arkansas.  This from his grgranddaughter in Dallas.  That family
      has no information where he came from nor how old he was at the time of
      the wedding.  We went to Little Rock and searched the state records there
      and were unable to find any information of any William Milton Walls ever
      having been married, registered or heard of in those records.  Not listed
      on the census either.
      I suspicion that William Milton Walls was in fact Caleb Milton Walls but
      there as yet is nothing to make the connection.

      Bob W