Family finder dna test

  • Pam Cain
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2012
      I've participated in the family tree dna Family Finder test.

      I wanted to see if anyone with Hamilton ties to Jackson county have taken
      this test, or the 23 and me test.

      My line is Russel Hamilton b c 1780 NC or PA d 1858 MS. He lived in Jackson
      County between 1830 and 1845. There were other Hamiltons in Jackson County
      during that time period, but so far, I'm unable to make a connection. If
      there is a common ancestor it might be further back than would show on the
      dna test (5th cousins), but with kit numbers we can check for common
      chromosomes. (sorry, not a science person - learning as I go along).

      My Kit number on Gedmatch.com is F223359.

      I can compare to males if you've done the 23 and me test.

      I would also like to compare results with anyone who descends from the
      RUSSELL, GREEN/E lines of Jackson Co, and also the READY/TROTMAN/TRAUTMAN
      lines of Madison County.

      I have Russel Hamilton and Margaret Green/e and their lines forward (for the
      most part), but have not been able to confirm his parents or siblings. Some
      researchers seem to indicate that Russel's maternal grandfather was James
      Russell of NC, but I have no direct proof.

      If you haven't participated in the dna, and have a RUSSELL group sheet to
      share with me - I would be grateful. I also wonder how Asa Russell might fit
      into the big picture.

      Also looking for anyone with the READY surname - believe mine is William
      READY - b VA but lived and married in Madison Co - before eventually moving
      to Noxubee MS.

      Thanks!

      Pam Cain