Re: [jacksongenealogy] Lost Section of Blue Springs Cemetery in Larkinsville (Durham, Gentle, Berry)

  • Nora Kirschling
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 11, 2012
      I'm from the Gentle line and have ancestors buried there.. it's so sad
      to hear about the cemetery. I keep hoping to travel out there (from
      California) and it sounds like I should plan a trip soon before the
      cemetery is completely lost =(

      On 3/11/2012 1:55 PM, Charles McCutchen wrote:

      > I took one of our Morgan County cousins Tom McCutcheon to Blue Springs
      > Cemetery Larkinsville and he spotted a grave on the side of the hill
      > on the other side of the
      > road in the Southwest corner of the cemetery. We climbed up there and
      > there are probably close to 100 graves, most marked with a single stone
      > and maybe a dozen or so with markers. The section is grown up and is
      > now woods. Most of the upright stones with markers are broken and
      > laying on the ground. A couple were flipped over and were too big to
      > pickup to see what the marker said. Among the ones with markers were
      > McCutchen, Durham, Berry, and Gentle.
      >
      > https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.407868919240017.109966.131944026832509&type=1
      > <https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.407868919240017.109966.131944026832509&type=1>

    • kaletalynn
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 6, 2015
        Waynette, that Susan Mitchell is my gg grandmother. I would love to get a copy of the picture if you can tell me how.  I finally broke through the brick wall that has kept me from finding my great grandfather, Flavius Josephus Mitchell. Now that I have discovered his parents and siblings, I'm trying to learn as much as possible about all of them. Seeing a photo would be the icing on the cake.

        Lynn Mitchell Smith