Re: [jacksongenealogy] Williams and Vanns on Fold3

  • Martha Wallace
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3, 2012
      Roger,

      Haven't looked for the Williams or Vanns lately - this is on Fold3 (formerly Footnote), but maybe it's time to see if anything new has popped up - after I finish my taxes.

      Martha
      Genealogy - So many ancestors...so little time!

      On Mar 3, 2012, at 7:43 PM, Roger Burbank wrote:

      > Martha, that is great research, did you find anything on our Williams family or Vann and Mccutchen in the Confederate file? Roger

    • Roger Burbank
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3, 2012
        Confederate Civilian Files!

        I found them on fold3, they are great. I found Joseph W. Mccutchen delivering Ash to Sauta mines, this Joseph is Calvin Mcc. brother, both sons of Joseph Mcc. sr. So Calvin was guarding the mine and his brother Joseph was delivering ash to make gun powder. I found a lot of names, but it is hard to tell what State the files represent.  Several I looked at do not mention State or County? unless I missed it. There are a lot of duplicate names so be careful you have the right ancestor.  Roger