W. R.W. COBB

  • Ann B. Chambless
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3 6:21 PM
      Many thanks to all who have shared ideas about the makeup of personal
      estate values based on the 1860 Federal Census.
      Since some of you expressed an interest in W.R. W. Cobb, this is to
      advise that I will be presenting a paper on him on April 14, 2012, at
      the annual Alabama Historical Association state conference in
      Huntsville, AL.
      I have been researching U. S. Representative Cobb for a number of years,
      and recently found a bit of new information about him that I think will
      also be new to those in attendance at the AHA state conference.
      MARTHA WALLACE: I have copies of W.R.W. Cobb's Southern Claims file
      that was disallowed. I also have copies of his estate settlement.
      However, I do not have copies of the 2 pages from the Union Citizens
      File nor the 54 pages in the Confederate Citizens File. COULD YOU
      PLEASE tell me how to obtain both these Citizens Files? I need all
      the documentation I can find in order to present the best essay possible
      about one of Jackson County's most interesting men of all times.
      THANKS AGAIN to all who have helped me today.
      Ann B. Chambless

    • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3 8:27 PM
        Ann the Civil War Citizens Files for Williamson R. W. Cobb are at fold3.com.

        Clay

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3 10:11 PM
          Ann,

          Your paper on W R W Cobb promises to be exciting - just from the little that I learned about him this afternoon while taking a break from working on my taxes.

          Everything I mentioned I found on Fold3 (formerly Footnote). If you do not have access to this, let me know and I can download the images and send them to you. I would be pleased to contribute to your research as you have contributed so much to the history of Jackson County.

          Martha in California
          Genealogy - So many ancestors...so little time!