Re: [jacksongenealogy] Robert S. Gilliland

  • Elsinger Family
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2012
      Clay,

      Nope, I missed that. Thanks so much for finding this. It gives me
      another piece of the puzzle :)

      LuAnn

      On 3/2/2012 4:15 PM, blackcloud27030@... wrote:

      > Don't know whether you have this or not.
      >
      > Susan Mitchell on the 1870 census is the Gilliland children's
      > Grandmother. Look at the 1850 for John W. b. ca 1814 TN and Susan
      > Mitchell b. ca 1817 NC with 7 children including Mayville Mitchell b.
      > 1839. John W. Mitchell apparently died before the 1860 Census, Susan
      > is listed on the 1860 with 8 children. Susan is listed on the 1870
      > with 3 of her children and the two Gilliland grandchildren.
      >
      > John and James mother may well have died or moved away. Benjamin F.
      > Pike is listed only on his and Maryville's marriage record there are
      > no Pikes on any of the census.
      >
      > Clay
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Waynette Davis
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3, 2012
        This Susanah J. Montgomery was born on Dec 08 1874 so I guess she could not
        be the grandmother and this Susanah J. Montgomery Mitchell could not have
        had 3 children by 1860's so I will let this one go as a connection with you.
        Good luck. Waynette Davis.

      • Charles McCutchen
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 11, 2012
          I took one of our Morgan County cousins Tom McCutcheon to Blue Springs Cemetery Larkinsville and he spotted a grave on the side of the hill on the other side of the
          road in the Southwest corner of the cemetery.  We climbed up there and
          there are probably close to 100 graves, most marked with a single stone
          and maybe a dozen or so with markers.  The section is grown up and is
          now woods.  Most of the upright stones with markers are broken and
          laying on the ground.  A couple were flipped over and were too big to
          pickup to see what the marker said.  Among the ones with markers were McCutchen, Durham, Berry, and Gentle.

          https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.407868919240017.109966.131944026832509&type=1

        • Waynette Davis
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 11, 2012
            That is so sad about the stones. I don't have anyone buried there at all,
            but it is still sad

            to hear of graves so forgotten. Waynette

          • Nora Kirschling
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 11, 2012
              I'm from the Gentle line and have ancestors buried there.. it's so sad
              to hear about the cemetery. I keep hoping to travel out there (from
              California) and it sounds like I should plan a trip soon before the
              cemetery is completely lost =(