Estate papers online.

  • John
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2012
      At www.familysearch.org, on their updated site, are updated estate papers for various counties in Alabama. Jackson is included, but still far from complete. I have, though, already found the papers of one of my 3rd great grandfathers, James E. Adkins.
    • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 29, 2012
        A few As, one each C, G, H.

        Clay

        At www.familysearch.org, on their updated site, are updated estate papers for various counties in Alabama. Jackson is included, but still far from complete. I have, though, already found the papers of one of my 3rd great grandfathers, James E. Adkins.

      • deb
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2012
          hey james! thanks for this info but i need a bit more direction. when i go to familysearch and specify death records, i get ssdi info but i'm not understanding how i get to probate stuff. i don't see anything indicating 'estate' info but then again, i'm not real familiar with this site. any chance you can help? deb

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2012
            Go to familysearch.org on the bottom left handside click on United States, next click on Alabama. Then Click on Alabama, County Estate Papers, Click on Browse through images, then click on Jackson County.

            Clay