Re: [jacksongenealogy] Why They Moved

  • Roger Burbank
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2012
      My Mcctchens were in Madison also. Roger

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2012
        Most of my relatives in Madison County, Arkansas, were from Kentucky. Probably all the same reasons they left there?

        But, most of them made their own little settlement area and the township was called ‘Kentucky.’

        They were Cornetts, Whites, Combs, Sisemore, Longs, and others.

        If your Mccutchens were in Madison County Arkansas, they must have been over the hill from this bunch or they might have married into them?

        My Grandfather Mize, is said to be Scotch-Irish. Mccutchen (with the Mc?) would be Scotch?

        Do you have records back to the UK?

        Pat Foster

        In OK

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 27, 2012
          Yes we were Scotch.  I know where they came from- Isle of Sky in Scotland. Col. John Mccutchen is as far back as a paper trail in Alabama. He died 1835 in Jackson Co. Roger