Jackson Co. Burials/Cemeteries

  • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2012
      You can find burials and cemeteries under FILES at the Group Web Home Site look for MegaCemJacksonAll. Use the Edit feature to search through the files.

      You might also check FindaGrave as many of the graves are there also.

      We have not had an update in recent years.

      Many of the old graves in Jackson County were marked with stones with no names and some can only be located by where the ground has sunk. Many people were burid on family farms and the location of those graves have been lost. Some of the family cemeteries are located in fields or pastures.

    • Pat Foster
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27, 2012
        I understand, Clay!

        I have done some tromping around in pastures, etc., in Arkansas!

        And one spouse died, got a stone, the other one died and there was no one to
        make sure he/she got a stone..

        I'm just thankful we have as much info as we do out there these days!

        But, there are so many people sitting on family Bibles, etc., and are not
        interested in genealogy!

        Just frustrates me.

        Thank you for the info!!

        I use Find a Grave frequently.