Re: Pelham's in Jackson County, Alabama

  • tigerbite37397
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 8, 2012
      KAthy, have you tried to put this on a family tree chart for visual reference? I ask because none of this makes any sense if you go by the census of 1920. Why would the kids be living with their Uncle Jodie before the mother died in 1921? Ida is listed as Jodie's daughter not asister to Jodie or John Luke. The kids Hannah & Maggie also have a last name of JAMES. Where did the James come from? The Ida's are not the same because of the age variences, however I do believe they are the same family. The Ida of 1920 could have been the daughter or neice of the Ida of 1910.

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "KathyE" <shadow84797@...> wrote:

      > Hi all, I'm gonna try this again. My Greatgrandfather eas John Luke Pelham he lives in Bass when his wife Hattie Dunn died in 1921 he was married 2 other times after that, I know he had a brother named Jodie Pelham who was married to Sallie, I know this is Luke's brother because he signed my GGrandfather's death certific, he also had 2 sisters sarah sallie who died in Anderson, Tn. when she was hit by a train her children Hannah and Maggie went to live with Jodie. Another sister named Ida, I can find no record of her after 1920 when she and her father lived with Jodie, if anyone knows any info that will help plz HELP me.
      > Kathy

    • tigerbite37397
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 8, 2012
        YOur Ida is also listed with the same family in the Jackson County 1930 census as follows:

        Jodie Pelham55
        Janie Pelham20
        Zeb Pelham19
        Ida Pelham17
        Billie Pelham8
        Looks like Sallie passed away.
        Try to find some Obituaries. They are great for reference. Good Luck(ps) Where is your Hattie Dunn from?