Re: [jacksongenealogy] Information on 1850 Census

  • dlw004@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2012
      Thanks. I will see what I can find
      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      -----Original Message-----
      From: blackcloud27030@...
      Sender: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 15:28:25
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com<jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Information on 1850 Census

      I have never seen anything that gives the boundries of the various districts before 1900. I know that in Jackson  Co. that as a general rule from where my relatives lived in the county and researching other families that Dist. 19 is the Eastern part Dist 20 Central and 21 the Western part. I would think that it would be the same in Marshall and th other counties. Dist 23 is porbably the Western most part in Marshall. The boundry would run North to South. From what I saw Marshall County is different from Jackson Co. with many place names rather that SubDiv or Dist.

      I have searched for maps showing the census districts but the only ones are for after 1900 at the Census Bureau.

      Take a look in following census years and on land patents to give a better idea on where they lived.

      Clay