AL Estate and Probate Records and Other Records at familysearch.com

  • blackcloud27030@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2012
      The only Probate Records I have found on their website are for Talladega Co.  None yet for Jackson County.
      There are a number Counties listed under Estate Records but there is no index as of yet (there are links to images ot the actual records) and I found no listing for any in Jackson County.

      I check their website weekly for any updates as I would like to see the images of the 1824 Orphan's Court records where my GGgrandfather John Gullatt's estate was listed.

      If you are looking for marriage and death records this is a good place to look as the records are much more complete than those at ancestry.com. They have marriage records for AL Counties including Jackson for the years after 1900 which ancestry.com does not have.

      I would like to put a plug in for volunteers indexing at familysearch.com as the speed with which records are put up on their website depends on the number of volunteers they have doing the indexing. If you have time please consider voluntering. Familysearch is in the process of putting all their records in the Granite Mountain repository online and that is billions of records worldwide. This includes links in a lot of cases to images of the actual records.