Paint Rock School

  • Doug Parker
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2012
      Hi everyone..just saw the question concerning closing the Paint Rock School.
      Is there a move afoot to close that school? I go down there about twice a
      year, and always "swing by" the school just to remember. My cousin, Mary Sue
      Toney taught there for many years. Her mother was a Robinson (sister of my
      grandfather), and we often went to "the valley" to visit with them.

      Doug Parker

    • Jewel Casey
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 17, 2012
        No, I think that my question was misunderstood. It wasn't about the school at Princeton. Someone asked me about a school that used to be at Estill Fork. I went to school at Princeton until we moved to Franklin County, TN in 1945 and as far as I know the school at Princeton is still open with no mention of being closed. I had Ms. Toney as one of my teachers, she was fantastic.

        Jewel

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 18, 2012
          Jewel and Doug,

          You were not misunderstood and the school at Princeton is in ? because of student enrolment going down and one teacher with several grade levels at the same time. This is the reason I called this to your attention because many of our ancestors went to school there. My dad for one. This is very much part of the history of Paint Rock Valley. It is my understanding they have less than 100 enrolled in 12 grades.

          Bill Cagle

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 18, 2012
            As long as we are talking about paint rock valley schools, would anyone know where to find enrollment records for any of the schools? my grand parents both attended valley schools but i dont know which ones also some of my aunts and uncles. they left alabama for texas in 1912 so it would have to be old records. is there a web site? i hope someone knows. my grandparents were john f. hill and eva jane sanders hill. thanks billy hill