Re: [jacksongenealogy] Estill Fork Schools

  • cagle8185@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 17, 2012
      what is the future of Paint Rock School? is it going to close? any one know info on paint rock valley on the national registry?

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 19, 2012
        Jewel,

        There was a school about 3 miles north of Estill Fork at Grey's Chapel. My father taught school there in late 1920's for one year, but that's all I know about it.

        John M. Green
        On Jan 14, 2012, at 8:23 PM, Jewel Casey wrote:

        > Can anyone tell me when the school closed at Estill Fork or if they remember a teacher named Ida Maxwell?
        >
        > Thanks a million
        > Jewel

      • Jewel Casey
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 20, 2012
          Thank you John. I was thinking the smaller county schools closed when the school at Princeton was built and I do not remember a school being at Estill Fork when I was there at Princeton. Of course I do not know when the Princeton school was built but I do know it has always had 12 grades.

          Thanks

        • cagle8185@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 21, 2012
            some one said the school in Princeton was built in early 1930's