Estill Fork Schools

  • Jewel Casey
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2012
      Can anyone tell me when the school closed at Estill Fork or if they remember a teacher named Ida Maxwell?

      Thanks a million
      Jewel

    • cagle8185@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 17, 2012
        what is the future of Paint Rock School? is it going to close? any one know info on paint rock valley on the national registry?

        Can anyone tell me when the school closed at Estill Fork or if they remember a teacher named Ida Maxwell?

        Thanks a million
        Jewel

      • John Green
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 19, 2012
          Jewel,

          There was a school about 3 miles north of Estill Fork at Grey's Chapel. My father taught school there in late 1920's for one year, but that's all I know about it.

          John M. Green
          On Jan 14, 2012, at 8:23 PM, Jewel Casey wrote:

          > Can anyone tell me when the school closed at Estill Fork or if they remember a teacher named Ida Maxwell?
          >
          > Thanks a million
          > Jewel

        • Jewel Casey
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 20, 2012
            Thank you John. I was thinking the smaller county schools closed when the school at Princeton was built and I do not remember a school being at Estill Fork when I was there at Princeton. Of course I do not know when the Princeton school was built but I do know it has always had 12 grades.

            Thanks

          • cagle8185@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 21, 2012
              some one said the school in Princeton was built in early 1930's