Dr. Marcus L. Ambrester

  • Joetta Waldrop
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2012
      I saw this in the Leaf-Chronicle newspaper this morning and thought someone might know him.

      Dr. Marcus L. Ambrester

      Dr. Marcus L. Ambrester, age 76 of Clarksville, TN, died Thursday, January 12, 2012 at Gateway Medical Center.

      He was born October 21, 1935 in Scottsboro, AL, son of the late Roy and Mary Howard Ambrester. Dr. Ambrester was a retired professor for 50 years at the University of Tennessee and was a member of First Presbyterian Church.

      Survivors include his wife, Celia Beauchamp Ambrester; a son, Marcus LaRoy Ambrester III (Jennilea), Nashville, TN; a daughter, Mayor Kim McMillan (Larry), Clarksville, TN; a sister, Mary Louise Bradley (Jerry), Huntsville, AL; and four grandchildren, Mary Katharine and Ryan McMillan, and Tristin and Jordan Ambrester.

      A Memorial service will be held Saturday at 3 p.m., at Neal-Tarpley-Parchman Chapel, with Dr. Jack Phillips officiating. Visitation will begin at 1 p.m., and continue until the hour of the service. A private burial will be held at a later date.

      Memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association , 1818 Patterson Lane, Nashville, TN 37203.

      Arrangements entrusted to Neal-Tarpley-Parchman Funeral Home, 1510 Madison Street, Clarksville, TN 37040; (931) 645-6488. Online condolences may be made at www.neal-tarpley.com

    • drcds@hiwaay.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2012
        Quoting Joetta Waldrop <wondernbug@...>:

        > I saw this in the Leaf-Chronicle newspaper this morning and thought
        > someone might know him.
        >

        > Dr. Marcus L. Ambrester
        >
        > Dr. Marcus L. Ambrester, age 76 of Clarksville, TN, died Thursday,
        > January 12, 2012 at Gateway Medical Center.
        >
        > He was born October 21, 1935 in Scottsboro, AL, son of the late Roy
        > and Mary Howard Ambrester. Dr. Ambrester was a retired professor for
        > 50 years at the University of Tennessee and was a member of First
        > Presbyterian Church.
        >
        > Survivors include his wife, Celia Beauchamp Ambrester; a son, Marcus
        > LaRoy Ambrester III (Jennilea), Nashville, TN; a daughter, Mayor Kim
        > McMillan (Larry), Clarksville, TN; a sister, Mary Louise Bradley
        > (Jerry), Huntsville, AL; and four grandchildren, Mary Katharine and
        > Ryan McMillan, and Tristin and Jordan Ambrester.
        >
        > A Memorial service will be held Saturday at 3 p.m., at
        > Neal-Tarpley-Parchman Chapel, with Dr. Jack Phillips officiating.
        > Visitation will begin at 1 p.m., and continue until the hour of the
        > service. A private burial will be held at a later date.
        >
        > Memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association
        > , 1818 Patterson Lane, Nashville, TN 37203.
        >
        > Arrangements entrusted to Neal-Tarpley-Parchman Funeral Home, 1510
        > Madison Street, Clarksville, TN 37040; (931) 645-6488. Online
        > condolences may be made at www.neal-tarpley.com

        Celia: We are so sorry to here that Roy has passed. We were dear
        friends and classmates in High School.Our sympathies to you and your
        children.
        Dr. Charles D. and Carolyn L. Smith
        C. D. and Carolyn Smith