Re: [jacksongenealogy] BOOKS: Heritage of Jackson County AL

  • cagle8185@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 14, 2011
      The Hill and Fanning Family land borders each other in Larkin Fork around the old Harmony area.

      Bill Cagle

      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 15, 2011
        For Billy Hill:
        The book is not $50 but is $60 at Scottsboro Public Library and the only
        other source is a chiropractor in Scottsboro.
        There are* 28 pages with the Hill Name and 41 pages with the Sanders name
        referenced*.
        I purchased the book yesterday and my 93 year old mother sat and looked at
        the book for over 2 hours. Yes, there might be errors but if you are buying
        the book for a correct genealogy book then I suggest no one buy it but if
        you want to see Jackson County from the eyes of those who lived and settled
        there then it is well worth the money. I think we are trying to make this
        book into something it is not intended to do and that is find correct proof
        on family history. These are family stories, stories of towns,
        organizations, etc. about Jackson County. It is VERY interesting and I am
        enjoying every page even about families I am not familiar with. But then
        again I have deep roots in Jackson County.
        Larry Williams
        Researching in Jackson County: Williams, Rice, Combs, Michaels and related
        families.

        Larry G. Williams
        Co-Director, Agrimissions
        43 Crisp Lane
        Trenton, GA 30752
        (423) 240-2089 Cell/Business
        lgwilliams1947@...
        http://agrimissions.com

      • cagle8185@aol.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 15, 2011
          The book can be purchased for $50 and free shipping on line. It is a xmas special.

          Bill Cagle

          The book is not $50 but is $60 at Scottsboro Public Library and the only
          other source is a chiropractor in Scottsboro.
          There are* 28 pages with the Hill Name and 41 pages with the Sanders name
          referenced*.
          I purchased the book yesterday and my 93 year old mother sat and looked at
          the book for over 2 hours. Yes, there might be errors but if you are buying
          the book for a correct genealogy book then I suggest no one buy it but if
          you want to see Jackson County from the eyes of those who lived and settled
          there then it is well worth the money. I think we are trying to make this
          book into something it is not intended to do and that is find correct proof
          on family history. These are family stories, stories of towns,
          organizations, etc. about Jackson County. It is VERY interesting and I am
          enjoying every page even about families I am not familiar with. But then
          again I have deep roots in Jackson County.
          Larry Williams
          Researching in Jackson County: Williams, Rice, Combs, Michaels and related
          families.

          On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 12:04 PM, <cagle8185@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > I ordered the the $50 book this morning just to see what they have about
          > Valentine Cagle III. A lot of info on line is incorrect and assumed but not
          > backed up with records. We will see if this book is correct of assumed.
          >
          > Bill Cagle

          Larry G. Williams
          Co-Director, Agrimissions
          43 Crisp Lane
          Trenton, GA 30752
          (423) 240-2089 Cell/Business
          lgwilliams1947@...
          http://agrimissions.com

        • Larry Williams
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 15, 2011
            Bill- They charged me $60 at the library.
            Larry

            Larry G. Williams
            Co-Director, Agrimissions
            43 Crisp Lane
            Trenton, GA 30752
            (423) 240-2089 Cell/Business
            lgwilliams1947@...
            http://agrimissions.com

          • billy hill
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 16, 2011
              thank you so much for that report larry. the book sounds great to me. all the people in the group have been very helpful and kind to me since ive been researching my family and i thank them all and appreciate their time and effort. billy hill

              The book is not $50 but is $60 at Scottsboro Public Library and the only
              other source is a chiropractor in Scottsboro.
              There are* 28 pages with the Hill Name and 41 pages with the Sanders name
              referenced*.
              I purchased the book yesterday and my 93 year old mother sat and looked at
              the book for over 2 hours. Yes, there might be errors but if you are buying
              the book for a correct genealogy book then I suggest no one buy it but if
              you want to see Jackson County from the eyes of those who lived and settled
              there then it is well worth the money. I think we are trying to make this
              book into something it is not intended to do and that is find correct proof
              on family history. These are family stories, stories of towns,
              organizations, etc. about Jackson County. It is VERY interesting and I am
              enjoying every page even about families I am not familiar with. But then
              again I have deep roots in Jackson County.
              Larry Williams
              Researching in Jackson County: Williams, Rice, Combs, Michaels and related
              families.

              On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 12:04 PM, <cagle8185@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > I ordered the the $50 book this morning just to see what they have about
              > Valentine Cagle III. A lot of info on line is incorrect and assumed but not
              > backed up with records. We will see if this book is correct of assumed.
              >
              > Bill Cagle

              Larry G. Williams
              Co-Director, Agrimissions
              43 Crisp Lane
              Trenton, GA 30752
              (423) 240-2089 Cell/Business
              lgwilliams1947@...
              http://agrimissions.com

            • cagle8185@aol.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 16, 2011
                Larrry,

                Book price is $60 but publisher has Xmas special going on until the 20th for $50 and free shipping.

                Bill

                Bill- They charged me $60 at the library.
                Larry

                On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 12:57 PM, <cagle8185@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > The book can be purchased for $50 and free shipping on line. It is a xmas
                > special.
                >
                > Bill Cagle

                Larry G. Williams
                Co-Director, Agrimissions
                43 Crisp Lane
                Trenton, GA 30752
                (423) 240-2089 Cell/Business
                lgwilliams1947@...
                http://agrimissions.com

              • T'Lene
                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 16, 2011
                  I just ordered my Christmas special ($50 until Dec 20) copy from publisher. FYI their phone number is 800-568-1611. For GA residents, there is no tax.
                  This price included shipping.

                  Thanks for letting us know about the Christmas savings.

                  T'Lene

                • Larry Williams
                  Message 8 of 18 , Dec 16, 2011
                    You will enjoy it.
                    Larry

                    On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 3:07 PM, T'Lene <lemonade4t@...> wrote:

                    > **
                    >

                    > I just ordered my Christmas special ($50 until Dec 20) copy from
                    > publisher. FYI their phone number is 800-568-1611. For GA residents,
                    > there is no tax.
                    > This price included shipping.
                    >
                    > Thanks for letting us know about the Christmas savings.
                    >
                    > T'Lene
                    >
                    > On Dec 15, 2011, at 2:55 PM, Larry Williams <lgwilliams1947@...>
                    > wrote:
                    >
                    > > Bill- They charged me $60 at the library.
                    > > Larry
                    > >
                    > > On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 12:57 PM, <cagle8185@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > **
                    > > >

                    > > > The book can be purchased for $50 and free shipping on line. It is a
                    > xmas
                    > > > special.
                    > > >
                    > > > Bill Cagle

                    Larry G. Williams