Re: [jacksongenealogy] Written in Stone

  • Karl Plenge
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2011
      I have also seen a last name spelled wrong on a grave marker. Makes you wonder why they didn't have it corrected, but I do understand that would have been a LOT of work and probably expense. But it steered me wrong on the spelling of a surname until I saw overwhelming evidence that the correct spelling was not what was on the marker.